Thursday, March 08, 2007

My loot from the quilt show...

kitty zakka A couple of very old green prints with micro stars (I have the blue stars & I might have the purple stars...) and three very cute Japanese kitty bags... Zakka?
cat fabric Kitty fabrics... I actually had a few on ly list of things to look for to buy... The white on black prints and the Patrick Lose Alley Cats. (I have a lot of his older stuff, too.)A few of the others I had seen previously online, but I did not want a 1/2 yard - a fat quarter o.k.! Still others were new to me and still others while being new to me were CHEAP! Others were old favorites (If you - MayBritt? - previously asked me about a specific breed of cat on fabric - let me know - I found the fabric I was trying to describe...) and the WOW, WOC, WOT prints were not only a good deal price wise, the are very useable... (Rationalize - yes I can rationalize a whole heck of a lot!)
taupes TAUPES! I specifically wanted to buy green taupes & I was successful! (I have a floral applique idea brewing) several of these are "Japanese" exports, while others are imports - the distinction... You can find the imports on equilter, but you have to go to a limited number of places for the exports like pinwheels. I got two bundles tied up with a ribbonIs that a ribbon for me(sorry about the focus, the ribbon and the cat were moving) Ribbon, is that a ribbnon for me?
RB with a bow(better? Isn't he cute with a bow...)RB attacking the bowI attack you bow! (Yes, I removed the bow after supervised play.)
Michaels mug My husband got this mug, it says "She quilts - I cook." I wouldn't mind embroidering that onto a pillow...
Michael Miller panel & ABC panels Michael Miller has this "MOD" (Retro) panel that I though was too cool to pass up... & I really like those ABC panels - never know when those might come in handy...
Adult I Spy Some gifty FQs for my GF who is doing an Adult I SPY - non-kiddy prints, do you see the photobooth strip(lower right corner)? The fishing lures?license plates?...

8 comments:

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

You certainly did well! I love those Taupes. I had planned to get some on my last trip to Japan, but I couldn't make it to an actual quilt shop, and the general sewing and fabric store didn't carry any. You will be having fun.

Shelina said...

wow, that is some serious loot. I just love the taupes.

Libby said...

Very nice collection - you dun good.

Beth said...

Looks like you had a blast! I bought some stuff from Paducah last year that I'm just getting around to using.

ruth said...

Wow, that's enough fabric to keep you busy for ages! I'm very impressed that you actually managed to tie the ribbon onto your cat, mine would have taken my arm off...

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

I'm loving the retro vintage thing. Maybe because I have none in my stash and that makes me mad...sort of, oh yeah, I'm supposed to not be buying fabric...smile...still holding on...but it's killing me!!!arrgghh..

Hanne said...

The taupes are beautiful :-) Lucky you!

Barb said...

Holy flippin' cow. Dang, tons of goodies. I thought of you when I was in a quilt store yesterday, and they had a reversible apron with a cat design fabric that looked like photos of cats in the newspaper, and the other side was a dog version. They were out of the fabrics though.