Monday, March 12, 2007

More loot & Why I need one of those no buy badges tattooed to my forehead!

Subtitled: "The Embarassment of Riches."

This selection tiddley winks fabric may become a star fling (Once upon a time ago, there was a free pattern on the P&B Textiles website, but they have replaced it with newer stuff - I hope I can find my print out - I have at least 1 ufo that is using that pattern... Something to investigate in the studio... Did anyone save the .pdf to their hard drive?), or Lucky Stars like the one seen on Norma's blog. FYI I Owned 5 of these previously, but they were all pink & Brown, except that I had the strip that introduced the green & blue - so I kind of had to find some of the green & blue - the purple I have no excuse for, except that I really like it...

I got this bundle paint by number (Isn't that "paint by number" bird print a hoot?) that I am considering turning into a YBR quilt... or there is this "free" pattern that the fabric designer is sharing... (Not so free after I decide to get more of the collection, huh? At least YBR only needs the 6 fat quarters...)

These brown and turquoise fabric are so going to become a ZIPPER! (Pattern in the book The Modern Quilt Workshop by Bill Kerr & Weeks Ringle) Unlike my faux zipper that was completely scrappy in a green way, this one will be more like one seen on this blog once upon a time ago last year... (Limited number of fabrics that are repeated throughout the quilt...) Oh & I have the pattern that she is currently using... It is destined to become a cat quilt... :O)

Do you remember my idea for a Plain Spoken quilt (Luckily I said "might") last week? you can see it here: idea1. So I was at the quilt show & saw some of the go withs for my inspiration piece... So now these serendipity fabric might become Plain Spoken. I owned 4 of them & only repeated 1 when making my new purchases...

I supported my local economy...

I have some quilt pictures from the show & I even have two of my own quilts back from the long arm quilter! & You though I only collected fabric...

Brown is working on becoming my new favorite color... I am loving it with pink & turquoise these days...

I hope my hyper-links work... I am still trying to recover from the "Spring forward."

11 comments:

joyce said...

Fabulous fabrics. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

paula, the quilter said...

I especially like the brown and turquoise together. I found some old FPP blocks (when they first became popular) I did many years ago and some of the fabrics sported brown/pink combos. Shows how old they are. I'm thinking of using them in the centers of some blocks. Love all the fabrics you got. There's also a Judy Martin pattern called Zippers. Wonder if I still have a copy?

Patti said...

You certainly were in a buying mood, weren't you LOL! No "No Buy" badge for your blog! Looks like you got a bunch of wonderful goodies - we are all waiting in eager anticipation to see what you do with them.

Morah said...

Since the Star Fling was free I have no problem offering to copy it for you. If you don't find, let me know.

jpquilter said...

this post makes me want to call in sick and play with fabric - what a fun bunch of bundles you have acquired

Shelina said...

Amy, your links work beautiful. I have fabric envy. I especially like the collection at the top.
I would recommend putting a copy of the pattern with the fabric.

I've come across so much fabric in my cleaning lately that I know I had a specific plan for, if only I could remember what that plan was.

Jules said...

That top group of fabrics looks like something I would buy. Have fun!

Libby said...

Nice haul. You should be proud that you have ideas for all of it. I usually just buy because I feel the need to keep the fabrics close to me.

Flippytale Quilter said...

OOOOH! What a yummy looking stash!! I am breaking my fast in April! I can't wait to see what is new and follows me home!

computerpeach said...

the star fling was an easy quilt - i made one for my daughter before she was born. If you don't find one - I have it also.

Ruth's Place said...

What a lovely lot of fabrics!