Friday, March 02, 2007

Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival 2007

Madame Butterfly Madame Butterfly, by: Anna VanDemark.
Madame Butterfly detail detail... I am not sure if the face fabric is a WOW or not, but it sure looks like it is in this photograph.
Madame Butterfly detail 2 even more detailed. I like the stitch that she used for the face. So many quilt artists use a countoured lines approach to quilting faces... This was a refreshing departure...
Lines Lines, by: Liz Piatt won Judges Choice.
Lines detail detail of Lines. I was a cashier in a grocery store for the better part of 10 years while I was in college and while I thought I wanted to be a teacher... I made better money and had better benefits as a cashier... so I can assure you that there is one of these in every express line!
Into the Misty Into the Misty, by: Barbara Persing free hand on her Gammill - she had a special exhibit that was a bit like advertising...
Into the Misty detail Into the Misty detail.
I have several more quilts to share including my "favorite" but I will save them for tomorrow...

10 comments:

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

I like the lines quilt. If we do a quilt challenge next year, for our Quilter's Day Out, I that's a distinct possibility.

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

The beautiful cat quilt did not win a ribbon, beyond all reason. It was exceptional. The woman that made it had won that quilt's biggest prize twice, maybe they wanted to give someone else a chance, was the only thing we could think.

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

...had won that QUILT SHOW'S....

sorry left out a word...smile

Stick Knits said...

saw your comment on Crazy Aunt Purl. I make Kitty Pi's all the time and would be happy to help you out. stickknits_at_gmail_dot_com

Rian said...

Love the M Butterfly and esp the face.

Shelina said...

I like the madam butterfly, but the Lines one is absolutely the winner. There is just so much detail, and humor.

anne bebbington said...

Amy - what a fabulous selection of quilts you've treated us to - almost as good as being there. So far my absolute favourite is 'Mariners in a Pickle' - I love mariners compass and new york beauty patterns but have never had the guts to attempt one and that colour combination of purple and olive green is awesome. Thanks again!

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

Thanks for the photos. Now I fell like I was at the festival.

meggie said...

Hi, I have just 'met you', & want to thank you so much for all your wonderful posts about the show! It was almost like being there.
What fantastic quilts & how humbling to see the expert work!

YankeeQuilter said...

I waited until my DH left for golf this morning. Got a big cup of coffee and got to spend time looking at all your posts and photos of the show. Thanks for the great posts! Gave me a needed quilty-fix