Thursday, March 01, 2007

Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival 2007

All of these quilts are by Wendy Butler Berns. She had an exhibit, but I did not bother to read why... Sorry that is not how I view a show... I like the product not the whys behind it... Either I get it as it is or I don't...
Together - We Can Together - We can
The Boy and the bear The Boy and the Bear
The Boy and the bear detail A closer of the bears paw (and some bear's paw blocks...) In the full photograph, you will also notice that the snow caps on the mountains are also Bear paw blocks...
Reflection of God's Skin Reflection of God's Skin
Exchanging Gifts - The Ice Cream Cone Exchanging Gifts - The Ice Cream Cone
Exchanging Gifts - The Frog Exchanging Gifts - The Frog
Emily's Dream Emily's Dream

8 comments:

susan said...

I have been enjoying all your quilt show pictures! I especially like the tree - 'reflections of god's skin.

Such works of art, they are hard to recognize as quilts.

Thanks for taking us to the show!

~susan
~patchwork reflections
~memories in a jar

Vicky aka stichr said...

I love the Bear quilt! I also looked at the Sync Swimming...WOW! Can you include some info on it? if you have any.

Rian said...

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing the eye candy!

Pam said...

Thanks for sharing all the pictures. It's the next best thing to being there, especially when we can enlarge the picture for a nice close up view.

Morah said...

I really like this artist. I also have been enjoying al of the photos from the quilt show.

Anonymous said...

Wow! love the Reflections! Thanks for showing them.
alison

Barb said...

My God, people are so talented. It's amazing. I love the reflections quilt also.

Daisy said...

Hello, I am the maker of the Insanity quilt that won Best Use of Embellishments at the show. I love your comments about my quilt. Yes, to have a collection of embellishments like mine is truly insane, but not as insane as sewing them all on to that quilt. My friends kept telling me I was insane - hence the name. The quilt weighs a ton!
Jeanie Velarde