Saturday, March 24, 2007

Is it really Saturday?

Court was well court... Now to make it sound good in a paper... (Oh and to finish my last two statictics problems...)

In the mean time, this will be the first passover that Michael and I are doing on our own... So the kind of stuff that familes have from years of holiday observances - are not owned by newly-weds... That coupled with the fact that Kosher foods are already more expensive than their non-kosher counterpart - we think $2.99/lb. is a deal for a frozen chicken... They are even more expensive for Passover... UGH! And where oh where will I be able to store this stuff for next year?

I am in my office, supposed to be working (it is Saturday night)... But my Hancock's of Paducah order came in today, so all I can think about is SEWING!

Which reminds me, I mentioned before that with my birthday GC to Nancy's Notions, I got a portable design wall... Someone at Nancy's told me that they sent the wrong frame... Luckily I don't have to return he too big frame, but the correct size fram is not due to arrive for several more weeks... So the new turquoise and brown (I got 2 more from HOP) zipper will have to wait, as I want to do that on the design wall - Yes, I can be cutting it out in the mean time & maybe I will...

I should have gotten two of the charm packs for my Up Town project... 40 charms is hard to work with... But I will resist temptation and make it work!

Maybe tomorrow night I will actually do some work while at work... (But it will be Sunday, so there is no real crime if I don't - just me busting my buns on Monday if I don't...)

7 comments:

Palm Springs Savant said...

hey there...fun blog. read about your plans for passover meal and how expensive kosher foods are. I started buying organic foods (meats, veggies, milk etc) and it does cost more but its so good to know there are no pesticides and junk in it. I always felt that kosher foods were safer and better than non-kosher food. When it comes to food, higher standards are a good thing!

Anyway, thanks fot listening! Stop by and say hi sometime
www.rickrockhill.blogspot.com

quiltpixie said...

think of hte creative push that 40 charms is giving you -- you wont regret not getting more :-)

May you and Michel start some wonderful family traditions of your own this passover.

Shelina said...

I hope that you can make use out of that spare frame.

Rian said...

Happy Passover. Early.

Vicky aka stichr said...

Totally unrelated to todays posting...Quilting Arts Magazine has that "Synchronized Swimming" quilt you sawin their current issue....way cool!!!!!!

Morah said...

I just realized that Passover is less than two weeks away! I live in the boondocks but just left Austin. Did I shop? NO! Have I cleaned? Planned? Anything??? You do the guessing! I'm in frenzy mode! My grandma says that it's a shame the way Jews treat Jews with the prices of Passover foods. $6.99 for a sm. jar of geffilte fish! OUTRAGEOUS! Wish you lived closer, I make my own horseradish...I'd share!

Libby said...

Enjoy making memories in your new home this Passover.