Thursday, March 15, 2007

HELP (Update part deux)

If you were coming to the Nations Capital (Washington, DC) last minute on a Friday (tomorrow) when it was supposed to rain... What would you want to do... (FYI Many things take appointments or you can't really do anymore at all - like tour the White House...)

My GF is coming down tomorrow (I am taking the day off) & I have no idea where to take her...

Where would you want to go?

American History is closed for renovations... Too early for the cherry blossoms...

We are going to go to Mt. Vernon (I think.) I know, "That's not in Washington, DC."

6 comments:

Libby said...

I can never get enough of the Smithsonian Museum of American History. And rain or shine, I love the Korean War Memorial. No particular connection to that war, but the memorial just speaks to me.

Morah said...

Oh my! DH and I were just discussing coming to WDC for a vacation and the trouble is, I want to see everything. Has she been there before? If not, what about one of those red bus tours? (Are they in D.C.?) Gives you a smattering of everything. We took it in NYC and didn't regret it for a minute.

Su Bee said...

Oh the museum, please! And I understand the cherry trees are supposed to be blooming at the Tidal Basin -- isn't that a "can't miss" even if it's raining?

Jules said...

National Gallery of Art is one of my favorites. They used to have the best museum food. Shopping in Georgetown is always a blast. Is Commander Salamander still there? And a great hat shop, Hats in the Belfry? What about the new Air and Space annex out by Dulles? I haven't been there, but Dave and Alex loved it. (Ok, maybe not girlfriend material.) Shopping in Occoquan, which I know is not in the city, but I thought if you went to Mount Vernon, maybe we weren't limited to the city, either. There used to be a quilt shop there. I haven't been in years, so it may be gone. Which museum has the pendulum? I always liked that one.

Chris said...

National Gallery or the Corcoran Museum of Art. I love all the art museums in DC. Also love to poke around the shops in Union Station or in Georgetown.

Gail said...

Any section of the Smithsonian that would be of interest to her, perhaps the Library of Congress just to see the building, I love the Jefferson Memorial at dusk (as long as its not cold)