Friday, March 30, 2007

Happy Passover










(you can make a cool card too.)


seder plate Sorry for the horrible photo... (I'll have to take another when I hang this, this weekend.)
You can get the pattern (& see a better photo) here: Seder plate quilt. (I own 95% of the patterns/fabric available from that site - I can whole heartedly recommend purchasing from them!)
Yet another quilt (table runner) The Ten Plagues (You obviously don't need a pattern, but I am compelled to support a small market & small business.)
passover table runners

6 of the 10 plagues
4 of the 10 plagues Depending on your interpretation, the ten plagues are blood, frogs, vermin, wild beasts, cattle disease, boils, hail, locusts, darkness, and death of the firstborn. So on my table runners, you start with the red square that represents blood go to the left, return to the red boils, and go left again. Exodus 7 through 12.

Hag kasher v' sameach (Happy Kosher holiday)
If you did not catch it above, I have "banked" 50+ hours of compensation time so that I can spend my time cleaning and cooking for the holiday, so I may be scarce....

18 comments:

Rebecca said...

These are really cool quilts. Great choices of fabric, I could tell right away which was which. Hope you get lots of sewing done!

Rebecca

Shelina said...

I love that quilts can make even plagues look beautiful!
Happy Passover.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I echo Shelina's sentiments... your table runner is pretty even depicting plagues. The Seder plate is amazing. Happy Passover.

Rian said...

Happy Passover. Only a few more days to get the Hamitz (sp?) out of the house.

Lovely quilts.

Kay said...

Happy Passover, Amy.

Holly said...

Neat quilts. Happy Passover.

Meredith said...

Happy Passover and thanks for the email on Talk of the Town. TYopu know I did go and look up the line of fabric.

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

Happy Passover!

Ruth's Place said...

Happy Passover! I LOVE the 10 plagues quilt. Hubby teaches Old Testament studies, so I'm going to send him the link to this quilt.

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

I love combinations of soft and difficult or hard...certainly plagues and quilting makes it that way...

Granny Fran said...

I love the idea of the Ten Plagues runners. Thanks for the link to that neat site.

Hanne said...

Happy Passover to you too!

Jeanne said...

What a great idea! Your quilts look wonderful.

swooze said...

I tried creating a card. Looks like you have to save the image and load to your page...

Samantha said...

Hey, I recognize those dancing skeletons! Love that seder plate! Happy Passover!

Wendy said...

Great tablerunners. Happy Passover.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Happy Kosher holiday to you as well and enjoy your first year of doing it your was. My kids would love the 10 plagues quilt, my 6 yo is especially intrugued but he has a 6 year olds love of gross at present!
Great quilts in the previous few posts, I love those fish, look like great Barrier reef one, and they should make more cane toad purse, those things will take over here soon, tracey

carina said...

Nice Quilts specially the 10 plaques i love your design! so cool. Happy Kosher Holiday too :)