Friday, March 23, 2007

Happy Friday...

Confusion - Maply Island quilts pattern, was seen on Simply Quilts...

Confusion "Confused Kitty"

close up:
A pinwheel in the confusion block The only "pinwheel" in Confused Kitty - I tried to keep the browns on the edge for a "border effect" and I tried to put 4 purples together, so that they would show up more.

Let me start by saying that it is a good thing that this was not my first experience with bias - or I may never have made my favorite quilt:
blue & yellow stars

Back to today's quilt - it was quilted by Judy L. back in about 2001... It was one of my first professionally machine quilted quilts. (She quited that blue and yellow star quilt too...)

I saw them demo. it on SQ, ran to the store and started it right away! (I was such a novice that I cut all of that cat fabric, not just the number of squares that I needed...) Only, they did not give you all of the dirt on the SQ show or HGTV website... I luckily found the pattern soon after & finished the quilt. I "happened" to find the backing material - perfect match IMHO in the sale bin!

I could probably yammer on, but I can't today...

As you may know, I am in Business Law class, a portion of my homework includes sitting in on court procedings then writing a paper - so I am headed to the county court house for the day... (At lease I will only be an innocent bystander.)

6 comments:

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

OOOOOHHHHH!!

I love both these quilts. The pinwheel is awesome.

SQ has done so much for the quilt world. Have you seen her partnership with ricki timms website? They want you to pay for online classes, why bother when SQ has most of the for free. Quilters are a pretty sharp bunch and can figure out the rest, just like you did!

Carole said...

Have fun at the court house. There are some strange characters there. Well, in Upstate New York anyway! ;o) Have a great weekend!

Libby said...

Love those court observation days.

joyce said...

I really like that there is only one dark pinwheel. Both quilts are beautiful.

Shelina said...

I just love the star quilt. I want to make one of those too! I think it is interesting to watch court proceedings. The only time I have is when I was waiting for my own trial - must have been child support issues, or foster child issues. I felt like a voyeur but thought it would be nice to see how the system works in real life.
Let us know what kind of dirt you find!

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Amy, I've been missing leaving comments here - I'm sorry! Love the quilts!