Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Grumble - not quilty or cat related at all

Last Tuesday (not yesterday) I had a mid-term in my statistics class...
I left feeling AWFUL about the WHOLE thing... Praying that I would pass it...

Then on Saturday afternoon the instructor sent out this in an e-mail to the class...

Here is some preliminary feedback on the midterm exam. Overall, I am very pleased with the results. The average grade was A -, and the mode was A. Below, is the distribution of grades:
A + 3 students
A 6 students
A - 2 students
B+ 3 students
B - 1 student
C 1 student
F 1 student

Not only did she ruin the rest of my weekend, she pretty much ruined my Monday and Tuesday day too...

I have never been so happy to get a C before in my WHOLE life... (DAMN MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS!) The one that I totally guessed on, I got right... I changed a few from right to wrong and even more from wrong to yet wrong again... (One or two went from wrong to right...)

Oh and I NEVER EVER want to get an e-mail like that again, even if I feel like I ACED the exam...

2 comments:

Shelina said...

Does the teacher always provide these kinds of statistics? I think if the grades were more evenly distributed, they would be easier to take. It would be nice to know though, once you get over the shock, how the rest of the class is faring compared to you. I always think that everyone is better than me. At least you know one person did worse than you did!

Libby said...

Multiple choice - the bane of my educational existance. If the correct answer is B - Cotton, then I will inevitably answer C. The correct answer begins with the letter C *argh*