Thursday, March 15, 2007

The good, bad, & the ugly

Yesterday after running my last errand (McIrish Annie - Life Chocolate is good...) I dropped my wallet & did not notice until this morning - you see I keep it in my jacket pocket instead of carrying a purse - I carry a backpack, too - but not for shopping, so the wallet lives in my pocket - that zips when I remember to zip it shut. Yesterday afternoon, it got into the 70's so I carried my jacket, instead of weraing it, so I did not notice the lack of heft until I went to put the jacket on thisw morning... PANIC - search around where the jacket has been setting, search the kitchen where the jacket visited while I dropped off the grocery sacks, search the car, serach the area between the front door & the car - no wallet... Call the store - wait for a good 10 minutes for someone/anyone to pick up... Ask about a wallet that was maybe turned in...
The lady then asked, "What is your name?"
I replied, "Amy P. S."
She then stated, "Spell your last name."
I replied, "If you are looking at my DL it is P..." (I need a roundtuit to get to the DMV - I also need to get a few car repairs done & the other license is good for a few more years...) "If you are looking at my work ID, it is S..."
She replied, "yes, we have your wallet."
Silently I said a little thank you... Out loud I thanked Rhapsody who sat next to me while I was on hold and let me pet her while my nervousness got the better of me... :o)

That was the GOOD.

The bad... theis minor delay, created a horrible commute, and a rather bad start to a hectic day. (I am still suffering from DST.)

The ugly - my cholesterol is to high... Dr. appt. resulting in... "less nuts and less cheese" I really like nuts and cheese...

12 comments:

Shelina said...

I'm so glad they had the wallet. Hopefully all the parts and pieces are intact. It is an inconvenience to have to go get it, but more to have to get around to getting new ones of everything, and remembering what things you need to get new ones of.

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

Glad you will have your wallet back.

The bad is not so bad and the ugly will be hard to change but if I can do so can you!

Quilt Pixie said...

so gald you located your wallet. Myine was lifted last week by someone, and what a hassel....

Karen said...

Phew, that was lucky. So somebody turned it in? A nice someone.

meggie said...

So glad your wallet was turned in. I once lost mine, & did get it back, but all the contents had been taken out of it, -even postage stamps.

Ruth's Place said...

So glad that you got your wallet back. It's just the worst feeling to lose something like that!

Becky said...

Where I live your name and address have to be current and you have just 30 days to make them so after moving or marriage or it's a heafty ticket if you get pulled over.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Thank goodness your wallet turned up, I can understand that horrible, anxious feeling of desperation that accompanies moments such as this. I like nuts and cheese, too.

Jeanne said...

Isn't that a horrible feeling when you discover you've lost your wallet or purse? I'm happy you were able to get yours back.

Granny Fran said...

So glad you got it back. I did something similar this week when I went to fill the car with gas and my gas card wasn't in my wallet where it was supposed to be. I did a quick search of wallet, no card. Came home looked at whole purse and coat pocket, not there. Sighed, told husband, picked up wallet again and looked to see if it was in with the bills. It wasn't but he saw something gold in another pocket. The Card! I mistakenly stuck it in with my Medicaid and Insurance cards. What a relief. I had visions of paying for a lot of expensive gas that I didn't use and having to get a new card.

Cynthia said...

thank goodness you found your wallet.

Happy Valley Quilter said...

Wow! What a scare!!! So glad that you were able to recover you wallet. I once left my wallet in the "seat" of the shopping cart and didn't realize it till I got home. Just like you, they had it at the market when I called. Whew!!!
Kairle