Thursday, March 22, 2007

Can you use a laugh - or good cry...

For the laugh, go check out what Carolyn is up to... (At the bottom, but the pine needles in the cat box is pretty funny too...)

Good cry... First the background, 1 family, 3 cars, 3 drivers - dad, mom, teen (to save their privacy, they will be referred to as dad, mom, and teen.)
Mom has to go in for a same day surgery procedure. A co-worker is taking her... Who is picking her up? Dad, no he is at a work related conference about 2-3 hours away, teen - no he has a baseball game - DID YOU READ THAT RIGHT? They gave him a very nice car, buy the gas, and pay the insurance - can he pick up his mom? Apparently not... (But then again, a lot of the things that happen in that universe would never have even been conceived in mine.)

Back to funny and Carolyn, in that same post, she pulled out all of the hidden cat toys... Very cute & I am sure fun to watch...
But what kind of cat did I get?
This kind:
Rhapsody removing the bow I had to tie the ribbon to her tail for her to "play." As soon as she removed it, I got a dirty look and she went back to ignoreing it. However, if I hold the ribbon with in her reach, she will bat at it - but she will not expend any effort what so ever!

She will watch RB playing though...
Rhapsody 6RB playing with the ribbon

Something quilty... (I shared this before, but this is my blog...)
Funky Fish quilt The "whole" Funky Fish quilt.
Funky Fish quilt back A small portion of the back - I was juxtaposing the realistic fish against the funky fish & using my border scraps - making the back wide-enough...
Funky Fish school of striped bass A school of striped bass.
Funky Fish rainbow trout A rainbow trout.
Funky Fish quilted fish the quilting...

My only wish in hind sight is that I used a pieced scrappy background ala Clowns on paradeClowns on Parade, by: Cathy Wiggins.

6 comments:

Su Bee said...

Outrageous. Wouldn't happen in my universe either - that kids car would be up on blocks in a New York minute.
Glad you lightened it up with the kits - sooo cute!

Judy H. said...

Love the rainbow trout!!

(Maybe the kid's trying to get a baseball scholarship? In my world, the hubby'd be home so fast his head would spin.)

meggie said...

Sheesh! Some families.
LOved your fish- all of them. And your cats are so gorgeous.

Shelina said...

I think it has to do with the self confidence and assertiveness of the Mom. If she shows the others that she is important enough, she could make either of the men in her life take her there, wait for her, and then take her home.

I can see how that could happen to me, but I think my assertiveness skills have risen above this level. :)

Ruth's Place said...

I'm not a parent, but wow, how do you raise a kid that selfish? The fish are very cute.

Jane Ann said...

Would never happen in my world either. When I was raising my kids I concluded that children will treat you pretty much the way you expect to be treated. I made clear at an early age that I expected to be remembered on birthdays, Mother's Day, etc., and that there are certain things we do for each other simply because we are a family. Too bad about the lesson the son learned from that episode. (And Dad was at fault too--what kind of message is that for a son?) Wouldn't want my daughters married to him!