Monday, March 12, 2007

Bowie, MD. Quilt show photos

(I am posting this now, because I just uploaded photos from my trip to Australia & I haven't figured out out to "file" my photos that are on Flickr - so these were on the verge of getting lost. Like most of the regular files on my computer.)

A small sampling of what is going on in Bowie, Maryland.

Japanese cranes
japanese close-up
applique
3d attic windows
3d close up Does anyone know how to do this 3-d attic windows? (BTW That "color on black" that she used for her sashing, is in my Jacob's Ladder quilt... Yes, I have both of these kitty prints.)
CW triple 4 patch Triple 4 patch, very effective pattern, shown here in CW reproductions, but I have see it done in brights and batiks - equally effectively.
30s quilt 30's are not my thing, but this quilt is so effective... I like the way the border blends with the last row of blocks. I also like how scrappy the quilt is. (Each flower petal on each flower was different - I did not check the yellow flowers against themselves, but I liked the idea...)
halloween cats A cat quilt, need I say more... Love the button eyes...
diamond patchwork Several gals from this quild went to a quilting retreat in California (Asilomar) and too this class with Jan Krentz, in my opinion, this was the best out of the group...
crossed laurels hand quilted 100% Hand done! (My friend is working on this quilt, only hers is charm style - no greens are used twice and no reds are used twice. She got a good selection in Mimi Dietrich's grad. class. - If you take Mimi's Baltimore Album Class, you can join Grad. Class - although they are about to burst out of the back room of the LQS - the grad. Class came about, because everyone had so much fun that they did not want to quilt seeing each other after the year long BAQ class ended.)
crossed laurels close up Close up of the hand quilting... AMAZING!

10 comments:

Shelina said...

These are beautiful quilts. I thought all attic windows looked like that - with mitered corners. You would have to make sure you put the darks and lights in the correct place to get the three d effect.

meggie said...

Thanks for the pics. I love piccy tours!

Vicky said...

Awesome quilts - and pix! That handquilting is amazing!

dee said...

thanks for the tour Amy. Most of the quilt shows are not anywhere near me and the ones that are, are very small. I am working on the kid quilts binding so they should be coming your way next week. Love those kitties!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I feel as though I was along for the ride, thanks for posting these pics; amazing show!

Gail said...

I'm so glad you share all those quilt show pictures- the quilts are wonderfula and inspiring. I especially like that triple 4 patch.

Samantha said...

Looks like quite a great show.

Kay said...

Nice quilts in Bowie. I think Shelina's right about Attic Windows. They look 3-D if you put the darks and lights right (like the inner city block). This one seems to have a bit wider frame pieces that some, but the idea is the same.

YankeeQuilter said...

That 30's quilt is amazing...thanks for the photos.

Karen said...

Ye gods, phenomenal hand quilting on the last one. And I love the 30s one.