Wednesday, February 21, 2007

What would you do?

(Besides finish about 80 other projects - we are just playing here - & Yes, I did do the homework that needed to be done "now." Thanks for asking & reminding me - I need all the help I can get. No court today... I have to reschedule that one...)

What would you do with this fabric? Linked to equilter, becasue while I own it, I do not have a photo of it. I don't "Love" it, but I really liked the "words" on it... I also like the way you can cut it and get whole images... Not my colors...

Any ideas? Do you have any fabric that you want similar advice on? I'll help you if you help me...

Oh & please remind me that if I spend my money at equilter now that I won't be able to spend it at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt show this weekend... (I just had to remind hubby that no, we can't go out for pizza tonight - for the SAME reason...) I really am hopeless...

To think I could be doing my statistics homework that is due next Tuesday or studying for the mid-term.... UGH! Heck, I could even be doing busy work at work... (I've got a hurry up & wait job & am in the middle of a wait....)

9 comments:

Jeanne said...

Use them as centers for log cabins or Ohio Stars or something,and bring out just the colors you like from the print into your other pieces?
Jeanne

Deb R said...

I second what Jeanne said. I'd use them as the center of log cabins or stars (I was thinking maybe Sawtooth Stars) and play up the parts of the color scheme you like best.

Deb H said...

Don't buy a lot. If you Have to buy some get a fat 1/4, & make just a few blocks that you can use to make a sweatshirt jacket with. You know what I mean? cut off cuffs, collar & bottom of the sweatshirt, split it up the middle & it becomes a jacket. Then you can just applique the blocks on it.Then you can wear it to the Quilt Festival!

hardenbrookgirl said...

I'd fussy cut the squares and use them for the centers of blocks just like Jeanne said. My first thought was churn dash blocks because I really love them. Then sawtooth or Ohio stars. No - I've got it! They'd make great centers for "Puss in a Corner" blocks! That would be perfect! You could keep a consistant fabric for the background and use a variety of colors for the four small squares in the corner of the blocks!

quiltpixie said...

Since you already own it, but its not a favorite given its colours, what about making fabric postcards from it? You'd be able to enjoy the words, and share the cats, without having it around in the long term...

paula, the quilter said...

OK here's what I'd do: Stack-n-whack or One Block Wonders. I've taught the SNW method in the past & have told my students to search out just this type of fabric. Fabric that has both the straight lines enclosing curved lines. You'd be surprised at the the result.

Shelina said...

Uh uh , I am staying out of this one. If I tell you to buy it, you will buy all sorts of fabric to go along with it, and not have as much money to spend at the festival. Plus we will be breaking all sorts of stash busting and qpa rules. If I tell you not to buy it, you won't have as much to spend on the festival. So...
go do your homework! LOL

Samantha said...

A wonky log cabin would be fun too...

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I agree with Paula on this one... these fabrics with linear elements such as this one has are fantastic in S&W quilts.