Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival 2007

Walk with Me Walk With Me, by: Kathy McNeil.
Silent Footfalls in Black & White Silent Footfalls in Black & White, By: Lois Smith.
Renoir Reassembled Renoir Reassembled, by: Jane Kimball (it is a group project, but she got all of the credit) as well as the award for Best Wall Quilt.
Renewal Renewal, by: June Thorpe.
Pulsera Pulsera, by: Karen Ficke.
Portrait of Lucy as maya with a doll Portrait of Lucy as Maya with a Doll, by: Paulie Salzman. Inspired by this painting.
Hybrid Hybrid, by: Scott Murkin.
More Glorious that Solomon More Glorious than Solomon, by: Suzane Kistler.
Monarch Chromatic Monarch Chromatic, by: Cyndi Souder, won Best hand workmanship with a caveat that it was for the beadwork!
Mariners in a Pickle Mariners in a Pickle, by: Heather Kimpel Costen.
Miriam's Dance Miriam's Dance, by: Lisa Ellis.
Fatal Attraction Fatal Attraction, by: Sandy Curran.
Daisy & the Cruiser Daisy & The Cruiser, by: Janet Fogg. I did not get the measurements, but this quilt was large - the bicycle is bigger that it would be in real life.
Aspens 5 - Early Winter Aspens 5 - Early Winter, by: Brenda H. Smith.

Tomorrows selections will include "close-ups" or 2 or more quilts by the same maker... (Apparently if I like one of your quilts, I will like the other one too!)

9 comments:

Beth said...

Wow...thanks for taking the pictures! I feel like I've been there.
My favorite was the Mariners in a Pickle. I loved the colors. What was your fave?

quiltpixie said...

Wonderful assortment of work... so many very talented quilters

Gail said...

Oooooh, thanks for sharing these pictures. What wonderful quilts. Loved the mariners, but the first wood scene is amazing. Loved yesterdays Oreo pictures, too. Thanks so much for sharing these.

Kay said...

Cool! Thanks. I bet your favorite is that cat one that was in $100,000 Quilt Challenge a while back.

ruth said...

Thanks for sharing some amazing quilts with us!

Nancy said...

Thanks so much for posting these. I like the clowns, of course, and also Miriam's Dance. . . .

Judy said...

Isn't it funny that we didn't get pictures of any of the same quilts?? You took all the arty quilts and I got most of the Baltimore albums and traditional quilts.

Funny? Hope you had fun!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

It's interesting, I posted a bunch of photos from festival, too and we didn't post any of the same except for the Clown Parade! I thought of you, too, when I visited the cat quilt exhibit by Ann Fahl!

Jennifer said...

WOW, all of these quilts are so beautiful and so full of talent, I hope to be this good one day, but that is far off...lol.