Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival 2007

Whiskers This quilt is called Whiskers, by Ann Fahl. I had seen several of her quilts on Flickr & Webshots - it was fun to see the collection in real life! The black & white kitty is Oreo & I can not choose a favorite... So I will share them all!
Waiting for Breakfast Waiting for Breakfast
Under the Giant Coneflowers Under the Giant Coneflowers
Tiptoe Tiptoe The Broken Teapot The Broken Teapot
Tea Party Tea Party
Smelling the Flowers Smelling the Flowers
Protrait of a Quilter's Helper Portrait of a Quilter's Helper
Power Breakfast for Quilters Power Breakfast for Quilters
Party Girl Party Girl
Morning Bath Morning Bath
In the Black Eyed Susans In The Black Eyed Susans
Hairy Homage Hairy Homage
End of the Day End of the Day
Drink of Water Drink of Water
At the Screendoor At the Screen Door
I love how the backgrounds are scrappy and different. I also love how the quilting both in the background and as cat fur is different. & Finally I love how the cats are created differently - some appear to be thread work, while others are photo transfer or applique.

11 comments:

May Britt said...

Thanks for sharing. The cats are sooooo cute. All of them are favorites.

Laurie Ann said...

Wow, that is a great series. I like the ones with the flowers.

Passionate Quilter said...

Thanks for sharing a great series of cat quilts! it's about the closest thing I can get to a cat! I'm playing a bit of catch up, sorry..wanted to tell you I love your "ping" project. I love English PP too--I'm working on one called Inner City and batiks.

Shelina said...

Wow - all sorts of kitty quilts.

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

I can se why you couldn't decide. The cats are great and i love her sense of humour.

Mary said...

I kind of buzzed thru this exhibit - I'm not a huge cat fan but am not surprised that it appeals to you. Her work is very nice.

Kay said...

I saw these in Chicago last fall. Aren't they wonderful! She gives such personality to the cats. A very talented person.

floribunda said...

I saw these, too -- I think it was at PIQF. Very cute!

paula, the quilter said...

And I saw them at the Denver Quilt Fest last spring. And loved them

Judy said...

Those are fantastic pictures of fantastic quilts! Thanks so much for taking them and sharing them.

Quilting Kim said...

Your photos of the quilt show almost make me feel like I was there, I love the cat quilts (although, look whom I'm telling that to, he-he) especially the one with Black Eyed Susans.