Thursday, February 22, 2007

Kansas Troubles & Jelly Rolls

Has anyone heard about Jelly Rolls by Moda? (I think Karen mentioned them before...)

Anyone into Kansas Troubles, Bound to the Prairie II?

Anyone know why my inner Dandylion likes it?

As for the Jelly Rolls, I actually do like Sunshine. (But anyone who knows anything about me probably could have guessed that...)

Back to the Kansas Troubles Jelly Rolls... I got 2 packs on sale 25% off and was able to use a BOGO coupon... Ladies & Gentlemen, I just got 2 sets of 40 2.5 inch strips (2.75 -ish yards each) for $23.50! I was thinking about doing a Trip Around the World, but I either have too much or not enough fabric & my brain can not figure out which...

If I like Sunshine, why did I get Kansas Troubles? - Because it was the only one with 2 rolls available & I like a deal... Even if they are not "my" colors, they will make a quilt...

After my sewing machine gets back from the repair shop... & After I piece together a charity quilt top! (In the mean time, I have EPP'd another 1/2 of a Ping...)

5 comments:

Vicky said...

I love the Kansas fabrics. I've got a ton of them that I'm itching to stitch. I call them those "dark towers". LOL

Can't wait to see your jelly rolls quilt!

McIrish Annie said...

I have a jelly roll of the holly taylor which are my colors. I got them in Houston at Sample Spree. haven't done anything with them yet but like that strip cocktail pattern.

Patti said...

Oh yes - in fact, I joined the Fat Quarter Shop's monthly Jelly Roll club. I did it before I went "no buy", and in my mind I'm justifying the purchase. Right now I can't remember how I'm justifying it - I just remember that it made complete sense at the time. Sort of like a BOM not counting against no buy? Except that this doesn't come with a specific project. I think I conveniently forgot that part.

Of course I love Kansas Troubles - but then you know that about me.

I've been distracted by my Hourglass blocks, but I plan to put together a box of fabric for you this weekend and get it mailed out next week. I've not forgotten!

Karen said...

Ye gods, you've been busy, Amy. Well, you're getting all kinds of things done, right? Interesting that you have some jelly rolls (way to go on the buy); will be interested to hear how you use them. Be sure to tell us all about the show!

Shelina said...

These are so pretty. I clicked on the link when you first mentioned it, and I was looking at the sunshine one too, then clicked back to see that that was your favorite too. Congratulations on a great buy. These are so much fun to collect. I look forward to seeing what you do with them.