Wednesday, January 10, 2007

YAY & WIP on Wednesday....

My next photos will be "after" shots of our new condo! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we finally got our quilt hanging system in place & I hung the Asian Trip Around the World last night. (Tabbies Take a Trip Around Tokyo)

Any advice or comments appreciated on the following color scheme....

Black, gray, black & white, white and blues.... (Maybe a little silver and/or gold) The only other color would come from the blue prints if there is a tiny amount of color on the print.

YES that has to do with my WIP on Wednesday, but since it is also my 12x12x12 I don't want to show it until the 12th....

12 comments:

martha in ny said...

Sounds Cool Amy. I look forward to seeing it. Your colors sound wintery.phixix

Meredith said...

A little bit of red? I will check back to see the photos.

sophie said...

I chose something similar for the scottie dog blocks we made for the block lotto last summer and I liked the combination well enough to play a quilt of the future based upon it ... can't wait to see yours.

Libby said...

Waiting patiently *s*

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

Can't wait to see the colors and your 12 X 12 X 12 project.

Patti said...

Should work beautifully. Like the ice cold look of the mountains in winter on a cold, sunny day. Great combination. Our high school colors were blue and grey, which were often accented by white and silver, and it looks great.

1chartfp@comcast.net

paula, the quilter said...

The color scheme sounds cold. Do the blues have black in them or red? If the blues tend toward the purple side add a bit of red here and there. Or spark it with a bit of yellow or orange. Oooo, I could play like this all the time.

sophie said...

Here are those scottie blocks I mentioned--they are black/white/blue with some shades of gray. I really loved how they looked together.

jpquilter said...

your color scheme really sounds like the winter scene outside my door- brrrrr
Juliann

Sue said...

I cant wait for your 12x12x12 posting to see how it looks

Karen said...

A quilt hanging system? Oh my goodness, can't wait to see a pic. And also looking forward to pix of your quilt.

Anonymous said...

LOOKING FORWARD to the condo pictures!!!
Jeanne :)