Monday, January 08, 2007

What I did on my weekend

I am not the only one...

Laura apparently also had a top waiting for a border...

But I sewed borders onto tops this weekend (last night to be more exact). I sewed borders onto 3 tops last night...

My two bulls eye flowers got their oranges added & they will be mailed to Suzanne's for long arming for the Quilt Studio charity project! I also seamed their back (Both will fit onto one - I checked!)

I also attached the border to my wedding signatures quilt - I am actually kinda pleased with how that turned out! (That back was already seamed and waiting.) You will never guess what got me going on this quilt - a freebee offer... So that is my motivation... Who'da thunk?

After that, I pulled out a project that fizzled and pieced a back right quick, so that she can take a trip too! While I was at it, I pulled out a Flimsy & got her packaged for a trip to the LA-er. So I have 3 FO's in my future & 2 charity quilts going as well.

But one of my most freeing experiences - I mailed off some stuff that did not talk to my muse & was actually makeing me feel guilty about working on (instead of something else) and keeping (instead of giving it to someone who will take please pleasure in it.) Hopefully she will show it later - I did not take any photos, not even of my little helper all sprawled out on my monster flimsy!

7 comments:

Jules said...

That must feel great to get all of that done. The fabric arrived at my house for the Quilt Studio's quilt, so I will get working on that.

Laurie Ann said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend. Way to go!!

suzanne said...

Isn't it a great feeling to make progress?

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Gosh - you sure are busy - I just love getting things boxed up and out the door on their way to the next stop. I like creating little empty holes in my limited storage area. Plus it is always a great feeling to get things done!

Cheers!

Evelyn

quiltpixie said...

wow you've been busy! Isn't it a wonderful liberating experience to give something that doesn't speak to your muse away to someone whose muse will enjoy it? And think of all the UFO's you'll have made significant progress on at month end! :-)

Jeri said...

woohoo! you were on a roll. congrats!!!

Kay said...

Good girl! I'm with Evelyn. The little hole is great; I sent off my Project Linus top and was so pleased with myself.