Tuesday, January 16, 2007

My long productive weekend

A post with photos - there is your warning....

cats in the studio Here we three are in my Stewdio. Yes, I was sewing - on my cat charm quilt. (I need to recount my charms & rethink my layout?) That is RB in the front on his cat mat, Rhapsody is in my background on a heating pad - they switch out, apparently you can get too warm on a heating pad. I don't know who did the training, but everytime I go into the stewdio for any period of time, RB follows and sits on the heating pad... He does not quite understand that it takes a minute to heat up...

cat applique One of my McKenna Ryan patterns is started! You can see her version here: Chip. Overall I am very pleased with the amount I got finished - I only worked on this on Monday from about noon til 5 - I started by tracing everything and adhereing it to the fabrics - only after all of that was completed did I start to cut apart and fuse together. I am also quite please with my cat, you see my GF saw one where the difference between the face & paw wasn't so good & it ended up looking like a German Shepard snout... Also the paw placement was "off." The chipmunk is cute tooo - but way to many inny-outy cuts on tiny pieces! (Oh boy, I can't wait for the leafy top.... or for those flower stems...)

Do you see the Marti Michell logo sticking out (top righ corner) I am totally blaming Morah for that one... But I did buy it with a gift card & I have been supported in my purchase since I am doing card tricks & that uses 1/4 square triangles....

towel One final photo for Barb of woofnanny Over the posts (I was going to say years...) she has posted towel crafts & recently she posted something in this very orange shade - which reminded me of this towel set that my great grand mother made. (My father's other grand mother - I shared a quilt made by his maternal grandmother - this is by his paternal grandmother.)

Welcome any lurkers out there - I understand that this is delurking week - or maybe that was last week...

12 comments:

joyce said...

THe cat quilt is looking great. It is amazing what you can do with fusing.

McIrish Annie said...

I just finished my Ryan McKenna quilt. ohhhh sooo many little tee tiny pieces!

your kitty looks great

Libby said...

You must be a brave soul to take on the McKenna Ryan project -- so many teensy pieces.

quiltpixie said...

the fused cat is wonderful... can't imagine all the in and out clips on that squirel. Hope you had sring loaded scissors. :-)

Holly said...

Your cat looks great, Amy. Are you hand appliquing that after fusing? Wait till you get to the leaves. That looks intricate to me. You must have the patience of Job.

Fiona said...

That was quick! I also want to know how you sew the pieces down after they are fused?

Barb said...

Oh my gosh, that is so so cool. Did you know 'granny chic' is all the rage now? You know doilies, etc. They're baaaack.
I love the towel.
I love the kitty too (real ones and the fabric one)

Jules said...

I must say, I like your cat better than Ms. Ryan's cat.

I have a few of Marti Michell's template sets from a block of the month quilt that I never did. It was one of those pay $5 and then go every month. Works great until soccer season starts. Anyway, I also have her drunkard path templates. They were on sale when she gave a class at one of the stores I frequent.

ForestJane said...

Nice! Does she provide any fabric with her patterns or do you have to scout around and find your own?

Ruth said...

Wow! The fused cat looks great! I love it's little face and paw.

Nancy said...

LOL! your sewing room floor looks like mine. Just substitute different color cats on different stuff tossed on the floor. :-)

LOVE your McKenna Ryan cat! I have just the cat pattern from one of her BOMs. One day I'll get around to making it. Maybe.....

paula, the quilter said...

I have a hint for cutting out teeny, tiny fused pieces. Take a piece of glass from a picture (careful of the edges), place your fused fabric right side down on the glass, take an exacto knife with a brand, new blade and cut out with the knife. Works really good for me.