Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My BAQ blocks

I promised Jeanne that I would share these... No one in my class chose anything like my colors... I never have been a conformer. Most people chose a theme fabric & pulled fabrics to go with it. many of the other gals in my class stuck with the tradiditonal basically read & green color selection... On the cut out blocks, most of the gals use their theme fabric, but they had white or cream backgrounds... Since my background has a subtle print, all of my other fabrics read as solid...

I am not sure if I will make 1 big quilt or 3 small quilts... I have been going back & forth on that issue for years...

BAQ block No specific order.... My overall theme was "hearts." Not sure why... I did not "need" a theme... When I look at all of those points, I can not believe that I finished this block...

more of my blocks 4 more blocks... Do you see the hearts? Do you see the kitties? (You knew cats had to be in there!) The blue toile in the pink hearts has a cat & the appliques below that are cats...

my BAQ blocks with sashing The first 3 completed blocks have sashing & cornerstones... The green paper cut is of cats... I really liked the paper cuts (a lot).

my cutwork hearts I was only supposed to do one of these to learn reverse applique, but they are hearts and paper cuts, so... I still liek them both!
my last block to doMy last block to do...

8 comments:

Jules said...

You have to finish this quilt. Your blocks are incredible. I really love the innovative color scheme and, well, everything about it. This is going to be one gorgeous quilt. (Or three gorgeous quilts, but I vote for one quilt if you are taking votes.)

McIrish Annie said...

Dandylion, Your blocks are absolutely gorgeous!! I don't know if I have the patience for all that applique. They really are beautiful. I would go with one big quilt!

Gail said...

Your blocks are wonderful, and yes, somehow, whichever way you chose, FINISH THEM! They deserve to be in a quilt and shown off proudly.

Fiona said...

I like those papercuts - very lacy looking.

Morah said...

Love the papercuts. Are they just "paper snowflakes" turned into fabric creations? Cut like Hawaiian quilts??

paula, the quilter said...

I like the 'almost' positive/negative of the papercuts. And I vote for finishing this! It/they will be lovely!

Jeanne said...

Late getting around ...

Oh, these are truly lovely! Even though you were a rebel and chose DIFFERENT colors :)

My favorite is the multicolored (bottom) one in the photo that has sashing. Yes, you do need to complete this project.

I'm curious: did you undertake this because it was "Baltimore" or because you wanted to learn traditional applique? And when you applique -- hand needleturn, right? -- how do you prep?

Honestly, dearie, I just have a bag of fabrics pulled for a BA, nothing more ... and here you are almost done with an entire quilt!!!

Jeanne :)

Hanne said...

You make really lovely blocks :-)