Thursday, January 25, 2007

A MeMe

I had a photo filled blog planned, but I did not get the pictures taken last night... so you get a MeMe, this one is from Quilting Fitzy. (I know you thought I was going to say Deb!)
1. If you could build a house anywhere, where would it be? Right now, I don't really care, anywhere where I could then afford to live would be nice...
2. What's your favorite article of clothing? my Northface fleece jackets...
3. Favorite physical feature of the opposite sex? One of those spots (actually two) that you can't actually write about on a blog - but it's not x-rated....
4. What's the last CD that you bought? Do people still buy those? I thought about buying the latest CD by the first American Idol - but I can't think of her name, besides that would take away from my fabric budget... (Kelly...)
5. Where's your favorite place to be? At home with a 2 cat lap!
6. Where is your least favorite place to be? in traffic
7. What's your favorite place to be massaged? You know, for the most part, I don't care to be massaged... Rubbing can be o.k., but it isn't anything that I crave....
8. Strong in mind or strong in body? Mind
9. What time do you wake up in the morning? @4:45 - not really sure & I don't really want to know the exact time...
10. What is your favorite kitchen appliance? My new blender isn't too shabby...
11. What makes you really angry? IGNORANCE
12. If you could play any instrument, what would it be? harp, not sure why...
13. Favorite colour? BLUE (if I have to name one, but in truth I tend to like them all)
14. Which do you prefer...sports car or SUV? either... (are you buying?)
15. Do you believe in an afterlife? No
16. Favorite children's book? Anne of Green Gables
17. What is your favorite season? Fall, closely tied with Spring
18. Your least favorite household chore? All of them...
19. If you could have one super power, what would it be? the ability to see into the future
20. If you have a tattoo, what is it? No tats here...
21. Can you juggle? My life is nothing but juggleing - work, school, home, quilting, appointments, etc.
22. The one person from your past that you wish you could go back and talk to? I like to leave stuff in the past in the past, there is too much going on in the present to dwell...
23. What's your favorite day? Friday, the last day I have to work each week.
24. What's in the trunk of your car? It would be easier to tell you what isn't in there...
25. Which do you prefer, sushi or hamburger? Sushi (Anyone planning on taking me out to dinner for my birthday better take note of that one, I'm just saying.....)

BUT..... (Yes, there always is a but)
I did get this MEME from Deb! (2 MeMe's in one post, what is the world coming too?)

Imagine you’ve made a connection with another blogger who lives in a completely different part of the world than you do. This blogger is about to take a trip and the connection you’ve made is so strong that she is going to make your house one stop on her trip. (Yay!) Unfortunately she can only stay at your place for 24 hours (boo!), but she’d like to see some nearby sights while visiting with you.
Keeping in mind that time is quite limited so you have to stick pretty close to home (although not necessarily right IN your town - just anyplace you could go as a day trip), try looking around you with the eyes of someone who has never seen your area and tell us some things you’d share with…
A Visitor to Your Hometown
1. Your visitor wants to see something historical. Where would you take her and why?
I live right neat Washington DC - take your pick!
2. She wants to see something hysterical…well, mildly amusing anyway. She’d even go for cute, quirky, odd, or unique. Where would you take her and why?
One of the Smithsonian's has "outsider art" including an aluminum foil shrine - to me that is quirky...
3. She wants to take some beautiful and/or interesting photos to fill her albums when she gets home. Where would you take her?
The national mall - especially near the Jefferson memorial
4. She’d like to buy a souvenir that will remind her of your area every time she sees it. What would you suggest and where would you go to get it?
One of those "Why the heck do the the tourists buy those FBI t-shirts?" (These aren't too bad, there are some that I doubt make it through 1 wash...)
5. Wow, it’s been a long day and you’re both ready for a snack, or maybe even a meal. Where would you take her to really get the flavor of your area?
Ben's Chili Bowl
(That MeMe was so easy it almost felt like cheating!)
Please feel free to take one or both, I'd love to hear about your hometown!

3 comments:

Deb R said...

Your hometown tour sounds fun! I haven't been to the DC area since I was something like 11 or 12 years old and I keep thinking one of these days I need to make it back there again.

re #3 on the first meme - if the spot(s) you have in mind aren't x-rated, why can't you talk about them on a blog? I'm confused... (Not hard to do to me! HA!)

Jules said...

I am confused about #3, too...

I so want to go home to DC, soon. Thanks for the memories.

Jules said...

I did the second one...