Friday, January 26, 2007

Happy Birthday to me - almost...

My birthday is next Tuesday, but last night I came home to a lovely gift. All the way from the UK. (I almost tore in to the package before doling out cat food & cat Rx - but I live with a boy cat who can be quite insistent!)
wrapped Here it is wrapped. Isn't that a sweet star? I wish I had that attention to detail when it comes to gift wrap. As of late, my recipients are lucky to have any wrap at all. Now I know that it is not my birthday yet & you would think at my "advanced" age that I would have the will power to wait a few days, but you would be WRONG...
unwrapped Here is is unwrapped. I am so in love with that toy sewing machine & the concentrating look on the little girls face. & her curly hair... - I am one with straight hair, so I have a thing for curls... Do you see that kitten on the card? Isn't he the cutest... Well not "THE" cutest, but cute none the less. :o)

Thanks again, Fiona, for the lovely suprise!

12 comments:

Carol said...

How very fun! You're going to have a very fun birthday...it's starting out great.

Gail said...

Happy Birthday a bit early. I vaguely remember having a similar toy sewing machine, but the only time I had curls is when my mother would attack me with a curling iron. Not like the ones today, the first ones she used on my had to be warmed on the gas stove, they were not electric. Need I say that I really appreciate my very straight hair these days???? LOL

Rian said...

Happy birthday. What was in the present????

Susan said...

What lovely wrapping. Once upon a time I spent hours wrapping presents like that. Now, I'm like you. Lucky if there's paper around it. =) Cute little notebook, too.

Judy said...

Lovely cards! Happy Birthday on Tuesday!

Judy L.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

V.cute cards and happy Birthday for next week. Oh, and curls are not all they are wrapped up to be!!Tracey

Jax in Wales said...

Your work is sensational, how do you find enough time for it all. I have a feeling though, that the cats help you in a supervisory capacity. Great blog, thanks, Jax in wales UK

Libby said...

Darling cards. Hope you are planning lots of fun for your special day.

p.s. wrapping is not my favorite part either.

jpquilter said...

Don't you just love real mail? What a nice little gift.
Happy Birthday to you
Juliann

Sioux said...

Have a great birthday. Isn't it lovely to get gifts in the mail?

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Early birthday wishes for you Amy. Have a wonderful day!

I'm working my way through the Stash Quilts Ring just to say Hi.

Shelina said...

Hope you have a happy birthday. I am usually saying happy belated birthday, so it is nice to be able to say it in advance once in a while.