Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Best & Worst

This one is from Deb (But you probably guessed that already.)
1. What’s the best place you ever lived? the worst?
Germany was by far the best place I lived all 3 times I lived there - even if I do not remember it from my infancy. So much "new" to do & so close to so many other places...
TEXAS was the worse place, more for the fact that I lived through quite a few of parents marriage go rounds than because of the actual place, although the need to take a whole day just to get out of Texas bites... (& I survived several car trips "family vacations" to attest to that one!)
2. What’s the best place you ever visited on holiday/vacation? the worst?
Australia - I had always wanted to go to Australia & it did not disappoint! I am ready to go back! I am not sure that I can state a "worst" place becasue I just like being in a different location... I even really LOVED airports before they got so damn crazy. But Kansas did not do much for me when we drove there from Texas to visit my uncle.
3. What’s the best job you ever had? the worst?
I know it is sad, but I have not had my best job yet... I am o.k. with my current job. The worst - take a seat this will take a while: Fast food joints, grocery store, etc.
4. What’s your best talent or ability? your worst?
My best ability, when I am your friend I am a thick & thin friend I don't dwell on foibles... But on the flip side, I don't make friends easily. I have even been described as unfriendly...
5. What’s the best decision you ever made? the worst?
The best decision was to go back to school (please remind me when I start to bitch about my Statistics class that is cloaked in the misnomer Problem Solving for Managers.) Well, waiting so long to go back to school is pretty high up there, but THE WORST was joining the Army right out of high school... (That was cloaked under etc. under worst job.)
Bonus (so we can end on a positive note!): What’s one good thing about you that isn’t covered in the questions above, but that you’d like to share with the world?
All of those good personality traits that you write about in your online dating profile - I've got them all - just ask my husband - of almost 1 full year! If you don't know what I am talking about, got to match.com or the like & take a look - I think it is still free to look... Go ahead, you deserve a chuckle today!

3 comments:

Jules said...

I didn't know you were in the Army. I took a few statistics classes in my life, if you need some help.

Deb R said...

Loved reading your answers, Amy!

During one job J had when we were first married, they talked about sending him to Germany for a fairly long-term assignment (like 6 months to a year) and I SO wanted that to happen! This was before we had pets or anything, so I could've gone with him without disrupting much in our lives, and I thought that seemed like it would be such a great place to live for a while and be able to travel to other parts of Europe here and there. Sounds like I would've been right!

Holly said...

You were in the Army? Would be interesting to hear more about that experience.