Friday, January 12, 2007

Ack I am a train wreck waiting to happen...

Today was supposed to be my 12x12x12 reveal day...

I had a disconnect between concept and execution on my project. I think my pieced background strips may be too wide, but when I was cutting them, I did not want ot cut them too small...

I am going to recut & try again... I might "make" both blocks and audition them later to see if the wider cuts are better than the narrow cuts in my mind... (Narrow cuts would have been perfect with a different pair of fabrics - I think.)

So I will wait to reveal until the 16th... & then I might reveal both of them...

In the mean time, my cousin & I had a wonderful dinner & we are both wondering how only 2 sane people came out of our mix... Her father, my mother & our uncle are all, how do you say, "odd." Without mentioning our siblings - or our non-common families...

Both stories relate to the train wreck theory...

9 comments:

Jules said...

I have been known to cut things too big.

I have all the strips and setting blocks cut out for the quilt that you will get to work on next. I am going to try to get the nine patches done this weekend and mail it out next week.

Libby said...

What's that rule? Measure twice -- cut two or three times until I finally get it right *s*

Vicky said...

Well, what a tease you are! I was hoping to see the reveal today! LOL

Can't wait!

Hugs

Karen said...

Take your time, Amy, we'll be glad to see it when we see it!

Sweet P said...

What is a 12 x 12 x 12? Sounds interesting.

Debra Spincic said...

nxzI was wondering what happened to all the A gals!

Sue said...

nothing is ever a mistake. When I get a box full of strips that I have cut and not used I strip peice, cross cut and peice together to make a scrappy back ground then applique something nice and hey presto a lovely kids, baby or lap quilt appears

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I am SO not going to go near the "how come we are the only sane ones" quote-but believe me girlfriend, we would have fun with that if you were sitting in my kitchen having coffee!! LOL Tracey

Morah said...

Gosh, at least you have someone to kvetch with..."I" am the "only" sane one in my bunch..............LOL!