Monday, December 11, 2006

Party! Party! (Next Party on Wednesday & then 2 on Thursday)

Since a few of you asked....

The party was great!
The first one was my friend's work party - she's not married or dating, so she brought me.

I went to the same party last year - somethings were the same some were different. But it was still enjoyable! Oh yeah - we lucked out and got a suite at the hotel wher the party was located - so no driving afterwards. (We only had 3 beverages each, but the last one was right as we were leaving & it's just not a good idea to drive tired and tipsy.)

One thing to remember when you go to a party - don't sit with the event coordinator. I'm just saying.

(Another person not to talk to at a party - wedding reception in particular - is a bride to be who is considering that venue... I don't go to many weddings (parties) and it was such a drag to hear, "If we choose this place, the coffee pot will not be there...")

The other party was a "Blue State Virginia" party... Lively political discussion comingled with foodstuffs in blue - blue cheese pizza, blue champagne, Labatt's Blue, etc.

Also very nice.

The next one is for my (small) office & it is pot luck. I bring that up because, I thought it was last week & brought my dish in last week accordingly... Now I am going to have to make something different... (I don't "have" to but I definately want to bring something different.) Then on Thursday is my (BIG) office party to which I do not have to bring anything - YAY! & Finally my husband's office party on Thursday night is catered. (Since I am a civil servant, our parties are only for the office folks, so my husband does not get to come to mind and hear the "yay us" speaches.) My hubby also has a (small) office party by himself too.

Any holiday parties going on in bloggerville? work parties? (get out of work for a couple hours parties?)

If there are - you guys stay safe!

ASIDE - I almost forgot again - no my paper is not done... I have some time between work and class tonight & again tomorrow - if I need that much time...

12 comments:

Ruth said...

Our work took us out to a lovely place for breakfast, the only downside:We had to pay for it ourselves, due to budget cuts! The food was good though and it was a great drive through the mountains to get there.

Being summer here, we hosted an early Christmas BBQ yesterday which was fun

McIrish Annie said...

Hey party cat!! Sounds like you are pretty busy. hope you can squeeze in the rest of that HW.!! lol

My DH's office party is Thursday nite at a restaurant. My office (teeny tiny) goes out to lunch with the boss at a nice restaurant and we get our bonuses!Yea! that is next week

Jules said...

Only family parties here. DH's work Christmas party is in North Carolina at the headquarters, so I won't be going to that. He might fly up for it, though.

quiltpixie said...

sounds like you're party central. Must say I'm don't miss not working somewhere with the multitude of seasonal parties -- I found the shmoozing very very tiring...

Sweet P said...

Wow! That's a lot of parties. Since DH and I work together we only have one Christmas party and that is next Wednesday afternoon. And then the huge family party is on Christmas day.

Libby said...

Hubby's office party is this coming Saturday -- same venue as the previous 2 years -- a swanky country club. It's a nice one, but I'm always happiest once we're in the car and I have my shoes off *s*

May Britt said...

Party party party....:) I am going to a party at my office on friday. I did not want to go but my boyfriend did. So we are going :)

Cynthia said...

wow you sure are busy with all those parties. Glad you're enjoying them.
I don't work so no work parties but we are having our annual pre Christmas party at our home this weekend. Once it gets dark we take the kids around the neighbour hood to see the home which are decorated with lights in their gardens.

paula, the quilter said...

So this comment has nothing to do with your post LOL! I don't know if you read Crazy Aunt Purl but a recent post of hers about her cats is hilarious:
http://www.crazyauntpurl.com/archives/2006/12/monday_is_listd.php

paula, the quilter said...

Whoops. the link was too long. Try this one:
http://tinyurl.com/yj23la

Mary said...

I don't think we're going to a single party this year - how pathetic is that. Only one more week until the move and for now Keith is in Minneapolis and I'm in GA.

Vicky said...

I've got our boring office dinner next week. It's just the same 14 people year after year (no spouses included) at the same restaurant, with the same company stories (I have them memorized after 12.5 years), and I'm REALLY looking forward to that! :(

Sounds like you're having a grand time!