Thursday, December 28, 2006

the out come - so far

I replied to a few of you already, but to solidify the idea in my mind & to let others of you know....

For my first question about the Jan Mullen prints & the Turning Twenty around the Block pattern, I auditioned a few cat fabrics. The bright & funky ones look best. I will frame them with a black print to help separate the cats from the other fabrics... I am going to do the 30 block layout & I have at least 30 bright & funky cat prints!

On the Flea Market question, I am going with the white muslin. I doubt that I will use her templates though - they are only minimally curved & I think that I will be happy with the general concept/look with wedges instead....

Oh and quite a while ago now, I listed & pondered over what to do with my pink, brown, & cream fabrics - I am going to do Bonnie's Star Struck first & Lady of the Lake second. (At least that is what I wrote in my spreadsheet.)

Thanks for all of the opinions - I really like the sounding board & query on my blog to have something to blog about & to help formulate the idea in my mind. (Kind of like talking out loud, doodling on scratch paper, or outlining a paper...) Give it a try - you are not stuck with using any of the opinions that will be given, heck you are not even obligated to follow through with your own ideas! worst case scenario, it is something (quilty) to blog about...

3 comments:

Libby said...

Talking it out, outloud is the best. I talk to Harper all the time. We once had a handyman working here for 2 or 3 days. On the final day, he had had enough and asked me if she ever answers *s* I don't realize I'm doing it.

jpquilter said...

I am so glad you mentioned that pink and brown quilt because I want to add one of those to my list of quilts to make in 2007!
juliann

Scrapmaker said...

I followed your links to look at the fabrics. Wow, you are going to have some great quilts! Look forward to seeing them evolve. Jen