Sunday, December 03, 2006

No it is not Monday

UGH - What the hell happened to Blogger? I can't do a hyperlink & I found a freebee for those embroiderers out there...
Here it is anyway:

http://weewonderfuls.typepad.com
/wee_wonderfuls/2006/12/freebie_elf_sti.html

(I broke the link because it messed up my template.)

That isn't the pattern, rather the blog link - which does have a hyper link to the free pattern.

I am avoiding my homework in case you can't tell. I have about 6 pages done on my "policy" class paper. My other class is budget & cost analysis - I need to do a 15 minute power point presentation on the Dulles Metrorail extension. YAY. (I have never used Powerpoint...)

In the meantime, I sewed last night! YES I DID! I am doing a faux log cabin (free pattern, you can google it - I can't hyperlink it.) I did the first seams last night, now to press and cut and sew again.
My friend bought the fabric quite a while ago... I was feeling guilty & told myself that once I got this done, then I could work in pink & brown. & with my winter break fast approaching... & hopefully a snow day or several in my future...

11 comments:

quiltpixie said...

avoidance.... the age old tradition of every good student! :-)

Sweet P said...

I'm curious - what school are you attending and what is your major? I'm guessing your major is some kind of political science or public policy. My youngest son wants to get his masters in public policy and would love to attend college in DC.

Sometimes you have to avoid the big stuff, but don't avoid it too long or you'll regret. But I'm sure you already know that.

Rian said...

Yay for you! Sewing! Woohoo! This faux log cabin sounds intriguing...off to check it out.

Anonymous said...

Atta girl! Back at that sewing machine! Ha, I haven't been into my room at all this week except to iron those reindeer pillowcases the other day.

(LOOK! I"m replying! We changed a popup blocker. Still anonymous, but better than nothing!)

Jeanne :)

cher said...

maybe today my comment will post-been having issues with posting on your blog Amy. Hope you polish off your school homework ahead of the deadlines...and good for you to finally get sewing on your faux log cabin!

Morah said...

I've been telling Ms. A the same thing all weekend...."go do your homework! You'll feel better when you're done." Do I need to nag YOU about your vitamins too???

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Hi, calling in for a catch up. Yoda, (the cat not the star Wars character-he's dead!)is still missing! A huge crisis!
You are obviously hugely busy-I was going to ask as well, what are you studying?
I love all your planned projects or ideas, isn't it funny that those lists don't get any shorter even when we tick stuff off? Bye, Tracey

Ruth said...

When I was studying my house was always really tidy when I had a big assignment due. Sewing is better...

Beth said...

When I was in college from '97-'00, I didn't have sewing to fall back on. So I stayed on the internet. Now, I sew to avoid housework. Last night, Hunnybunny had to step over a huge quilt top on the kitchen floor...so he could do his own laundry! Poor guy, I'll have to make it up to him. He's pretty good about laundry, though. I reek at it.

Sioux said...

Wonderful pattern.

Procrastination...yep, that's me!!

Mary said...

Amy, what pattern did you decide to use for your pink and brown quilt? I have a fat quarter bundle of pink, brown, and beiges and I don't know what pattern I'm going to use yet.