Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Indulge me.....

Not unlike Morah & Nancy, not much is going on in this corner of bloggerville.

On Sunday, my sew-n-tell group got together where I actually met my goal of pressing all of my units! YIPPEE! We also had a nice gift exchange, we all got the neatest pair of tiny scissors & a hand dyed fat quarter - many other non-quilty items too. Like a book of those quilt stamps - which is just as well because I used all of mine... :o)

I have been in the stewdio - I pressed those plaids that I am toying with.

Oh & I figured it out - officially I am a dandylion - I flit from one thing to another and from one genre to another all the time!

Which again reminds me of a Nancy post where she is talking about "stashbusting" her UFOs. (Stashbusters is a Yahoo group - apparently many of us are members - I used to be very chatty there, but now I blog.) Which made me think back on my "goals" HA! HA! HA! I was high on Nickles (As in Nickel Quilts by Pat Speth) I have quite a few of those patterns as UFO's and enough nickels (5 inch squares of fabric) to carpet a rather large house...

How many did I do? Well, I am not sure - I have two that are at the flimsy stage, but were they at the flimsy stage pre-2006? I think so... I have a few others that are either all cut or almost all cut...

Basically what I am saying is that writing down my goals did not help..... (Maybe if I could figure out that list thing that a lot of ya'll bloggers have going - complete with the strike outs....) Maybe if I was less like a dandylion skitting from one thing to another.... That would include some "Prioritizing." Since only one of my UFO's is an official gift - that priorties would only be in my head & easily "moved around" thus again allowing my to flit to & fro.

Finally, I leave you with a JOKE.

Miriam was on vacation in Israel and decided to go to the local post office to buy stamps for her Hanukkah cards.

"I'd like, please, 100 hanukkah stamps," she told the clerk.

"Not a problem. So what denominations?" he asked.

"Oy Vay!" she exclaimed, "It's come to this already? Okay," she said, after giving the matter due consideration. "I'll take forty Reform, forty Conservative, and twenty Orthodox."

(That would be roughtly equavalent to forty Baptist, forty Catholic, & twenty Greek Orthodox.) See it is a funny joke.

8 comments:

Jules said...

I got the joke!

Sioux said...

Heard it before, and I still laughed! Good one.

quiltpixie said...

wonderful joke...

Debra Spincic said...

Try doing the list by adding the List Add an Element from the Layout page of your template.

McIrish Annie said...

Good joke, Dandylion! I am with you adding a listof priorities or "TO DO'S" to my blog did not help me. I think I need to spend MORE time QUILTING and LESS time BLOGGING!! lol. But I love the good company I keep and would miss checking on everyone daily.

I am a dandylion too! I love to try new things and I am easily attracted to the next new "shiny object" on the quilting scene. I think we dandylions should embrace our "Flittiness". Flitting from thing to thing is often the joy in my quilting!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I hear you about flitting from one project to another - I do that alot! I have tried to work on a variety of projects - all at different stages - to give me some variety, but also to get things done. And, you do get alot of things done Amy, so don't be hard on yourself. But - isn't is so much fun to start something new - grin!

Enjoy this special holiday season, the Festival of Lights, your faith, your wonderful cooking, time with family, your new husband, your new apartment, your kitties, etc. I always seem to focus on goals more on my birthday than the new year so I can fully enjoy the holiday season without focusing too much on what I should/want to get done! Enjoy the moment!!!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Morah said...

Cute joke!

ForestJane said...

Here's my favorite joke of that type, but I have my cat's telling it:

http://www.forestjane.com/joke3.htm