Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I wasn't going to do it....

I really wasn't...

But I am going to make some resolutions. (I know a bit early, this is only germinal not concrete.)

Before 01/01/07 I am going to make a spreadsheet of all of my quilting projects. I will then concentrate on working on & completing those in 2007. Hopefully limiting my quilty purchases greatly. Not completely, but significantly.

The dandylion in me has gotten me in so much trouble stashwise. One example, I really do not care for homespuns - I now have a nice mound of them thanks to the "masculine quilt" that I gave my BIL for Hanukkah. (I have only added a tiny be to the original stash for a use the rest of it quilt.)

I do plan on going to the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Show in February & will make some purchases there - maybe some more taupes. (Do they come in green - I sure hope so!) Oh & I want the taupe charm pack to augment the fabrics that I already have without purchaseing a lot of fat quarters...

We already have hotel reservations in nearby Yorktown, Va. as an anniversary gift from my friend. We are also going to use restaurant gift cards on the way home at a fancy schmancy place on Maryland's Eastern Shore, in St. Michaels.

Hopefully my speadsheet will also illuminate those areas in my stash that do not need enhancing, so that my little dandylion shopper will not buy them just because, "I really like blues & yellows."

Kits - maybe I am a glutton, but I have several kits - that I either bought as a complete kit or that I kitted myself. I need to actually start & complete them...
(I say this regularly, but I also like to keep them all together for a "rainy day" or retirement - I won't retire for a few decades, so that reationale is a bit far fetched....)
I liked them when I bought them!
(Luckily when I looked at them last, I still did!)

I know this post if anything was flittery fluttery from here to there and back - its the dandylion in me!

8 comments:

computerpeach said...

Those sound like reasonable goals! I need to make a few myself.

I am going to have a "no buy" thing again for 2007 - I will post guidelines on my blog later this week...

Patti said...

I'd be happy to take the homespuns off your hands if I thought I had anything left that you'd want to trade them for. Unfortunately I think I got rid of anything you might like last summer.

quiltpixie said...

sounds like a good and workable plan -- nothing so "hard and fast" to pinch, but strong guidelines to help focus you :-)

Sweet P said...

I've been thinking about my quilting plans for 2007, besides no-buy.

Your plans sound good so far. Good luck on working through them.

Libby said...

No, no, not ready for resolutions yet *s* Good for you for getting an early start.

Debra Spincic said...

I was going to suggest you trade out the homespuns too. I had been thinking recently that the Quilt Studio have a trading session. I could stand to trade some fabrics so watch for news about that idea.

jpquilter said...

I am so inspired by your post and a few others I have read today - I am definately going to jump on this list making wagon
juliann

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I'm going to set goals as well, they help me achieve. I am also in stitches over your tampon crafts-how do you think they would go for School craft day??? Tracey