Friday, December 22, 2006

Hoffman Challenge

Anyone ever entered? Anyone planning on trying this year...

Hoffman Challenge

I had a GREAT idea when I saw the fabric online. In real life, the scale is about 1/2 of what I though it was based upon the photograph... So "plan A" will soooooo not work. (I though I could fussy cut blues big enough for a template - they are not that big & I am not minimizing - because the scale to too tiny for minimizing the pattern.)

In the mean time, in a dream last night a new idea popped into my head - reminiscent of those old mystery quilts where you end up with a background that you would not have chosen for a background...

So I may be buying a FQ to play with a bit... (Maybe not based upon my UFO load, but I am a dandylion & like to flit about from one project to another.....)

9 comments:

Nancy said...

I do rather like the challenge fabric this year and have thought about buying some. Not sure I'll enter the challenge but if I get something together in time I might.

Debra Spincic said...

Good luck finding the fabric locally! I ended up ordering it from Keepsake Quilting and bought a yard of it.

I started working on my idea last night and have decided that I like the fabric after all.

Libby said...

Have fun!

Sweet P said...

I have been drooling over this collection since it debuted. I have asked for a gift certificate to Hancock's of Paducah so I can buy the FQ collection of it. I have no idea what I will make with it. I just know I have to have it.

cher said...

I have in the past bought the challenge fabric and then-never cut into it! I know myself better now-and say, you go girl...it's not for me right now at this time in my life.

quiltpixie said...

looks like it would be a lot of fun, but I've committed to focusing on stitching this year, (as in crazy quilting) so will be passing it by. I'd love to see you go for it though :-)

Patti said...

Wow - I'm 8 posts behind my blog reading as far as your blog goes. What happened to the time! I think it's a beautiful fabric. I know others have called it "lacking in inspiration" but it looks wonderful to me. I'm eager to see what you are going to do with it.

Sioux said...

I love the fabric. As a new quilter I don't plan to enter any challenges for a while.

Happy Christmas.

Rian said...

Good luck with your ideas for the Hoffman!!