Tuesday, December 05, 2006

hmmmm

I wonder if it is a "new" hiccough for blogger, but....

I just did something that I almost never do. I went back and looked at someones comments where I left a comment. I only did this because that blog listed 25 messages on my blog lines - usually a sign that they recently moved over to beta... I was listed as anonymous. I know I signed in as a beta blogger & I checked to make sure that my message posted before moving on... 2 days later, my message is now from anonymous.

Makes me say, "hmmmm."

In the mean time, I got my arty meme & love it! So I got on my rotary cutter and sewing machine & started mine so that I can send them out soon - my goal is next Monday...

I also sewed on some homespun flannel (HEY my ability to hyper link is back - yay!). I was first inspired by a quilt that was in Patti's guilds show that she shared with us way back in April (tehone with the vines) & with Juliann's quilt that is similar but different. Have a look & you will see what I mean. Mine will have 1 row of applique like Julianns, but the vine will twist around a plaid that the one on Patti's site. Mine will be rectangles like on Patti's blog, but scrappy like on Juliann's blog.... (I am not looking a the photos while working, just using what I see in my mind. - When I actually went back to "look" at the quilt that I remembered from Patti's blog, I was amazed at how my mind rembered it verses how it is in real life! That is when I realized that I was also inspired by Julianns version too.)

All I have right now are a pile of rectangles sewn into pairs, so no photos & my ideas my evolve some more.

Oh yeah, one more thing, my rectangles are mostly subdued plaids - my vine & leaves will be LIME!

I am also making 4-patches from the scraps - maybe a border....

I got a tiny bit further along with my homework... (Yes, I apparently need some nagging!)

6 comments:

susan said...

I haven't moved to beta, wonder if it is worth it. How do you have time to do all that sewing?

Libby said...

I am still holding firm, not switching to beta. I have found that everyone who has made the switch and leaves a comment is now either annonymous or no-reply when they leave a comment. A frustration that is sure to be worked . . . someday *sigh*

quiltpixie said...

After I switched I too found I was "anonymous" on some blogs, but the upside was I actually got better notification on bloglines that someone had updated their blog.... what a trade :-|

Hanne said...

You are coming through to me with an email address now, but maybe you have just activated your email on Beta ? I hope all will activate their email on Beta so we can all mail like we used to before :-)

Patti said...

Oh, I can hardly wait to see what you come up with. I love lime green!

ForestJane said...

Almost all my comments from other people - now that I've switched - are coming out as anonymous, and I hate it. :(