Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Get ready for some photos.... Novel Idea, I know

To begin, No this is not a new quilt. Rather it is a seasonal quilt. With it being Hanukkah, there is no better time to display/share/use a Chanukah Quilt.

Where have the pictures been? That is a good question. You see I bought Heavy Duty batteries - my camera did not like them... So I got "digital" batteries instead. Viola - it works! Yes, I have rechargeable batteries - yes I think I know where they are and where the adapter is too - I just don't get all of those things together to actually charge the batteries until I want to use them & then it is too late....

A peek of the quilt back I'll start with the back - well just a corner of the back - it is all made out of this lovely cat flannel. Meow! Cool binding too, huh? I love to use stripes as bindings - especially when that are not "regular" like a perfect pin stripe.

a couple quilt blocks A couple blocks - sorry about the off-color... My red looks very orangey....This pattern was inspired by Pat Speth's Millenium Star. I like this secondary pattern better.... Speacking of secondary pattern, on this quilt I did something that I rearely if ever do - I only used 1 background fabric. (I only had one 2.5 inch WOF strip left over!)

Corner shot of my Chanukah Quilt. A corner shot - Yes, those are coordinating fabrics! (2 points for those of you out there saying, "Is that Hanukah print in a multi-color - not just blue & yellow or blue & white.)

Very close up of the border Hanukkah Sameach - Happy Hanukkah in Hebrew - TOO COOL! I was so excited when I saw that.

Hanukkah Bed Quilt The whole quilt being held up by my tall husband who is standing on our ottoman...

17 comments:

martha in ny said...

Wow Amy what a beautiful quilt! Way cool Fabric1 What a find!

Clare said...

Beautiful quilt, beautiful fabric, huge wow factor!

quiltpixie said...

its great to see your quilts! They are so colourful and "comfy" looking :-)

Morah said...

Oh my goodness! Fabric with Hebrew! I'd have been excited too. I chuckled at the "tall husband on the ottoman." The things these guys do for us and our quilting! LOL!!!

joyce said...

What a beautiful quilt. THe fabric is so bright and I love the pattern. Well done.

Screen Door said...

I've missed your pictures.... Beautiful quilt....

Samantha said...

beautiful quilts!

McIrish Annie said...

awesome quilt, dandylion! Maybe some day you can show us a picture of the "man behind the quilt"

Libby said...

What an outstanding quilt -- I love that it's multi-colored. Nice to step out of the box. I have been using digital batteries for a few months now. Bought a set for emergency backup while on vacation and soon learned they are far more reliable and long lasting than rechargables.

Shelina said...

I've seen this pattern and even cut some fabric to start the scrappy blocks, and cut a few pieces, but it never went farther than that. Of course mine weren't as pretty and cheerful as your fabric.

Helen in the UK said...

Love the quilt - and it is backed with cat print flannel? You can't get more purrrrfect than that :)

Hedgehog said...

What a beautiful quilt!

Sweet P said...

I love the bright colors in your quilt. They really make me smile.

Miriam said...

thanks for letting me know about your post! i love the quilt and especially the hanukkah fabric. where did you get it?!

ForestJane said...

All the details tie this into a great quilt! Love the colors you're using too. :)

Fiona said...

Very colourful, very effective!

Deborah said...

Whre did you find that beautiful fabric??!! And a cat charm quilt. What a great idea. I see all these cat prints and wonder what to do with them...you've given me an idea. Beautiful quilts!