Wednesday, December 13, 2006

All day.... (WIP on Wednesday)

O.K. it only took me all day to figure-out what to blog about. So here it is...

Once upon a time ago, some of us participated in "Project Spectrum."

BTW all of these can be considered WIP on Wednesday, because they are essentially at the same state of undone... (Only the batik bricks is a flimsy - the others are all still blocks.)
At that time, I shared some of my blue kitties (click to see them).
I also shared some of my yellow kitties (click again to see them).

My original plan was to make a French Provencial quilt and call it "Les Chats." To me French Provencial is blue & yellow. I made FAR too many kitties. (click for the free pattern) I still plan to make a French Provencial quilt out of my kitties - but it will probably be made with only the cats who are blue & yellow, not those that are blue or yellow.

I made enough to use the ones made with a Judaic print in a quilt by themselves and call it "Chatoolim" - Hebrew for cats.

You see I easily have enough for 4 quilts... I pieced them out of all of my prints that are blue, yellow or blue & yellow - which is a lot because that is one of my favorite color combinations.

My solid blue cats will be called.....

Are you ready....

I am feeling super creative here....

I am owned by two cats, one of whom is called Rhapsody, the other is Rhythm & Blues....

That was your hint....

The title will be....



"Raps Kitty in Blue"

(I am a tiny bit excited to pull these babies out & get going on them again.... I have several kitties cut out but not sewn yet. & new blues & yellows that need to be added to the mix - because I am "Hyper Scrappy" as I admitted to Karen at Sewprimitive Quilter this morning.)

16 comments:

paula, the quilter said...

George Gershwin is rolling in his grave. LOL! Great title.

arthur said...

Hello Calico Cat, and USA!

Nancy said...

LOL! I've had a similar design in the back of my mind to use with my calico scraps for - yep you guessed it - a Calico Cat Quilt.

Libby said...

Cute wordplay and a fun quilt . . . way to go.

quiltpixie said...

fun title....

Morah said...

I understand the excitement of coming up with a cute name..which by the way it is very cute, because when we named my blog I got all excited too!

Hedgehog said...

How large are the cats? Love all those blues and yellows!

Anonymous said...

You are just too clever-especially for a girl who is so bust. I went back and looked at the cat links-they do deserve their quilts.
Tracey@ozcountryquiltingmum

Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't mean to write "so bust" I don't know you that well! it's meant to be so Busy! Your comments wont let me post unless I'm anonymous, Tracey.

Beth said...

I'm really liking your kitty kat quilts. Very kewl.

Anonymous said...

Ha, I didn't remember that you had quite that many kitty blocks :)

Still want to stamp my feet and pitch a fit about blogger!!!

I'm making brisket today, for tomorrow :)

Jeanne

Andi said...

LOVE the title...and love the pattern!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Quilt what you love - you do a great job with your kitty quilts!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Cynthia said...

i like the name you have up with for your quilt.

Deb H said...

Verry cute, clever & funny! I love your sense of humor. Your comments always leave me laughiung too.

The pattern kitty looks very much like a Debbie Mumm pattern from years ago.

Kay said...

Missed this post last week for some reason. Those cats will make a wonderful quilt.