Monday, November 13, 2006

Unslumped - Is that a word?

Better yet is it true? I was so not in the mood to work on my homework this weekend, so I cut cat charms. (Those kitty fabrics just make me smile!) I have no idea numbers wise how many I cut but I do know that is was a LOT. I think I cut about 2/3 to 3/4 of my cat fabric stash - which is out of control! But I LOVE the variety! I also sorted so that I would not cut twice. I have two & three cuts of several prints & I had some already cut from some time ago. I also wanted to have a pile of "Catberry" by Debra Mason (free pattern using some of the fabrics that were/are available), 30's, etc. prints all together - those piles help the scrappy/random quilt come thogether with more ease. I'll have a pile of 30's, "Catberry", Laurel Burch, Nancy Wolff, a pile of singles, etc. from which I will pull 1 of these and 1 of those for my first seams...

Second - Jules got a new quilt for her new baby! I contributed this block:
applique block & it has been killing me not to blog all about it. (That was the only quilty thing that I did in FOREVER!) Hey there is one of my 30's kitties - I better check the pile of charms for that one. :o)

4 comments:

susan said...

The charm quilt sounds like a lot of fun, thanks for educating me on the definition! I love your sidebar item - 'would it kill ya to comment?'

And the kitty baby quilt block is so cute, with hand-embroidery no less! It is very representative of your persona.

Patti said...

I really hope you are "unslumped". Slumped is not a comfortable spot to be in!

Samantha said...

Very cute baby block!

Cheryl said...

The cat baby block is very cute!