Friday, November 17, 2006

There is a time

1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.
9 What profit hath he that worketh in that he laboureth?
10 I have seen the task which G-d hath given to the sons of men to be exercised therewith.
11 He hath made every thing beautiful in its time; also He hath set the world in their heart, yet so that man cannot find out the work that G-d hath done from the beginning even to the end.
12 I know that there is nothing better for them, than to rejoice, and to get pleasure so long as they live.
13 But also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy pleasure for all his labour, is the gift of G-d.
14 I know that, whatsoever G-d doeth, it shall be for ever; nothing can be added to it, nor any thing taken from it; and G-d hath so made it, that men should fear before Him.
15 That which is hath been long ago, and that which is to be hath already been; and G-d seeketh that which is pursued.
16 And moreover I saw under the sun, in the place of justice, that wickedness was there; and in the place of righteousness, that wickedness was there.
17 I said in my heart: 'The righteous and the wicked G-d will judge; for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.'
18 I said in my heart: 'It is because of the sons of men, that G-d may sift them, and that they may see that they themselves are but as beasts.'
19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them; as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that man hath no pre-eminence above a beast; for all is vanity.
20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all return to dust.
21 Who knoweth the spirit of man whether it goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast whether it goeth downward to the earth?
22 Wherefore I perceived that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his works; for that is his portion; for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him?
Ecclesiastes chapter 3

This about sums me up right now... I am rather blue & feeling a bit introspective. (Not that I can express my thoughs well on paper/in cyberspace. My gifts are not with the written word.)

Happy: new home/Sad: all the problems since then
Happy: the correct furniture arrived/Sad: the damaged the Pergo flooring
Happy: the store will pay to fix the floor/Sad: finding someone to give an estimate & do the work. (Our flooring may be discontinued.)
Happy: new bathroom/Sad: still not finished
Happy: new kitchen appliances/Sad: Dishwasher = "broken" repairman due out to take a look soon.
Happy: back in school/Sad: HOMEWORK
Happy: back to quilting/Sad: not really
Happy: I am able to share my fabric wealth/Sad: my brain will not let this just be o.k. - I keep wondering if everyone else is wondering about my sanity (I often over think & am overly suspicious. I am working on this, but...)
ETC! My life is like a comedy of errors, for every "good" thing something goes wrong - with very few exceptions.

Well that is enough drivel for one day... I hope we all have wonderful weekends...

19 comments:

juliann said...

I think words are your thing - your Happy/Sad list gives a true pictures of the two sides of the coin - it would be so easy to wallow in the sad but you even listed the happy parts first!
thanks for your honest posts

Jeanne said...

Sending a special {{HUG}}.
I'm kinda right here in the same place with you :(
Jeanne

YankeeQuilter said...

transitions are tough and it sounds like you are going through more than your share...I'm keeping you in my thoughts. You'll get through it.
Siobhan

Screen Door said...

My first house-- DH moved me 1200 miles from the only life I had ever known to a 70 year old house. The basement flooded_due to bad pipes( the owners quote'had no idea' but the neighbors all knew they exsisted- the first week we were there. I cried, Don just kept saying as we bailed water--- think of the stories for your Grandkids one day!!! I wanted to crumble.

One thing about change-- it works both ways, there are good days and bad days, but they'll change back to the good ones again, you'll see.

Sounds like you need a break...Thanks again for yesterday, you were a good friend.

That's one of my favorite passages in the bible.

Jeri said...

oh, bless your heart. I'm sending a cyber ((hug)) to you. Of course, this will eventually pass, but it doesn't make it all ok right now. Sometimes you just have to sit and "idle" for awhile till things get sorted out. And you do have a way with words - I enjoy reading your blog. I hope you'll find a silver lining in these grey clouds soon! :)

Nancy said...

I think we all live that Happy/Sad life most of the time. I know I do! ((((HUGS))) to you, my friend. Sounds like you could use them right now. May you have a wonderful weekend with all Happys and no Sads.

Cynthia said...

you will get through this and things will sort themselves out. I have certainly had my share of Happy/Sad days this year and i just had to keep reminding myself that it won't last forever.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Laurie said...

Amy,
We had that reading in our wedding...not ALL of it, but the "time for" part. It's one of my favorites! Hang in there...
Hugs
Laurie

Susan said...

I'm sorry you are feeling blue. It's normal in a stressful situation, such as buying a new home, but that doesn't make it any easier. Accentuate the positive?

Sharon said...

Here's a bunch of hugs - and remember to put these things in perspective, too - none of them are bad, but I think perhaps they seem overwhelming since there are so many of them at the same time...just keep moving forward - it will pass. Huggs, hugs, hugs, hugs!

Elizabeth said...

Don't forget that, although it is a hassle to sort the problems with the floor and the dishwasher and the bathroom, they CAN be sorted...and in a few months or so you will have forgotten most of this. And the things to be happy about will still make you happy then, right? ((BIG HUG))

Rian said...

This Bible verse takes my back to the 60s. Do you remember that song? I think it was called Turn Turn Turn. Pete Seeger gets credit for writing it.

Everything is a mixed bag. There is good in the worst of things and there is bad lurking in the best.

Sounds like the moving honeymoon is over. Sometimes life seems like a mountain, but things will be bright again, very soon. Blue is a state of mind.

Anonymous said...

It would be condescending to say, "at least you have your health!!" So, I wont, but..in the general picture of things, everything, even Pergo flooring can be fixed/overcome. I can be a huge worrier, I have 2 favourite qutes, #1. 'Consider the lilies'-etc which is basically look at how the birds and flowers are looked after and realise we are even more so, and the other, #2 'She hath done what she could'-because in the end that is all that we can do. I'll have to share the big Bible Verse quilt I made for our Church, I think you would like it. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Hi, the anonymous is me! tracey@ozcountryquilting mum, for some reason your site wouldn't let me comment unless I was anonymous!

Becky said...

I feel for ya'! Everything always seems to go wrong in 3's around here and usually at the same time but all things pass in time. I think we let ourselves get hung up on "things" and I think it's wonderful that you took the time to write about your "feelings". Take a cue from your furry felines - lay back and let another human handle some of the stress until tomorrow.

Bonnie said...

You express yourself very well with the happy/sad - and I think everyone not only understands but wishes they could take away your sad and leave just the happy.
In your situation I would also find the making calls/arrangements to be the hard part (sad). Once that is done, I usually get back to being happy.

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

Sounds like too much for anyone to cope with. I try to distract myself when things get like that so that I do Less Thinking. It is my brain that does me in. I try to do the next thing in front of me that needs to be done and forget about all the stuff that is overwhelming me. Good luck - hope things get better.

East of Oregon said...

great blog!

Shelina said...

I've been feeling this way lately too. The more I try to fix things or make something better, there is some obstacle in my path, or something else goes wrong, and my efforts are all in vain. I'll send some {{{Hugs}}}} your way too, and hope that things are more happy than sad, and they get progressively more happy as time goes by.