Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A MEME (for those of you who have "nothing" to blog about.)

STUFF
Because I have nothing better to do.
1. Flip to page 18, paragraph 4 in the book closest to you right now, what does it say?
(o.k. the really spooky part about this is that when I opened the book I was on page 18.)
"A typical person probably has a working vocabulary of about 10,000 words." How to Make Your Writing Reader-Friendly by Richard Dowis
2. If you stretch out your left arm - as far as possible, what are you touching?
A window.
3. What's the last program you watched on tv?
Something on Thanksgiving on the food network.
4. Without looking, guess what time it is.
Boy was that hard - as soon as I read "without looking" I glanced... It is 8:19 - later that I would have guessed.
5. Except the computer, what can you hear right now?
My co-workers... (They are nto talking about work - so I don't feel guilty about blogging.)
6. When was the last time you were outside and what did you do?
An hour ago, I walked over to the coffee shop.
7. What are you wearing?
White blouse & black lacy skirt
8. Did you dream last night? If you did, what about?
No dreams that I remember.
9. When was the last time you laughed?
About an hour ago in the coffee shop. (I definately give them a good laugh.)
10. What's on the walls, in the room you're in right now?
Windows - 2 walls worth & white paint.
11. Have you seen anything strange lately?
The Potomac - not really strange buy for 1/2 the year you can't see it through the foliage & you can't see it after dark, so when I saw it yesterday on my way to class, it was a bit strange....
12. What do you think about this meme?
It’s a meme. What’s there to think about it?
13. What's the last film you saw?On TV or at the cinema?
The Princess Bride it was on TV...
14. If you became a multimillionaire, what would you do with the money?
Travel, work on ending hunger in the world.
15. Tell us something about yourself that most people don't know.
Oh. Far too much pressure - can't think of anything that isn't way too much information, or just plain not interesting.
16. If you could change ONE THING in this world, without regarding politics or bad guilt - what would it be?
Poverty & hunger - but that is 2 things...
17. Do you like dancing?
I like the concept, but am too shy and self conscious to really let myself go.
18. Last crafty endeavour?
I cut cat charm squares.
19. What do you want your children’s names to be, girl/boy?
Hannah/Haven't considered the boy option...
20. What amused you recently?
A Goth couple at the park who named their boy Gentle. (I am not sure why this amused me & not it is not amusing in the funny sense of the word. Just in the makes you smile sense. I have no idea what I would have thought they would have named their son. I don't think Gentle would ever have been on a baby names list in my head.)

8 comments:

Ruth said...

Gentle, for a boy? Did you know that men with unusual names are disproportionately represented in te prison system, while girls with unusual names are disporportionately represented in the higher levels of education, ie Masters and PhD programs. Just some random information.

QuiltingFitzy said...

I'll consider myself tagged by you and steal this meme for tomorrow.

Ya know, every time I see that word "meme" it makes me clear my throat and sing a few bars, "me, me, me, meeee". No, you don't really wanna hear it.

Jules said...

Gentle amuses me, too. There was a child at the preschool my kids attend named Wilds. I think Gentle has a better connotation than Wilds.

Shelina said...

I have nothing to blog about either, so I copied your meme.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Love that-if I could bother typing it all out I'd blog it!!...

Susan said...

The sad thing about number 1 is that 10,000 word working vocabulary used to be the typical 4th grader. =(

Rian said...

People give their kids the strangest names. And the bit about the 10,000 words is sad. I took a writing class once and they said to gear your writing to high school level. When I hear young people talk, it saddens me. They don't possess the vocabulary to express themselves. "I'm all..." And it seems like the only adjective they know starts with the letter F.

Morah said...

ok, I'm bored, don't feel like sewing anymore, and there is nothing on t.v...I'm taking your meme so I have something to do....Thanks cause I'm about to scream here. : )