This list is more for me that anything else - although your input is appreciated/solicited....
I am generating ideas for pink/brown/cream quilts.
(I have about 3 different - could be comingled pink/brown stashes.)
1 is my Japanese Taupes, 1 is super scrappy & 1 is The Buggy Barn's In the Pink collection.
So far my list is comingled & only a few ideas are set in stone.
1. Card tricks using only the taupes.
2. Tumbler charm quilt using only the taupes.
3. Pattern from a magazine using the "super scrappy" (I have too many in that pile already for the quilt, so while I could wait to do this last & include the Taupes & BB prints, I won't.) selection - besides the magazine pattern included burgundy & greens too.
4. Shoo-fly variation - some from all. I am going for a quilt that Laurie shared with us.
I kept the photo I like the quilt so much. (I call it a shoo-fly variation - it could also be considered a snowball variation.) I am going to do mine in light (pinks & creams) and medium & dark browns.
5. 1/2 square triangles - again some from all.
6. something using only rectangles - again some from all.
7. brown cats? Some from all. (not sure about how to add the pink - but my girl cat is the inspiration for the whole pink & brown quilt idea!)
8. pink/cream "blocks" with brown alternating squares/brown & cream blocks with pink alternating squares.
9. rail fences (I sketched something from a magazine... sue me I buy enough magazines!)
10. mixed sizes (6 & 12 inch blocks) & mixed colored stars.
11. pink/brown 4 patches with cream setting triangles strippy quilt (or border for one of my many other ideas).
12. Bento boxes - all (maybe even the burgundies & greens from the magazine quilt stash.)
13. Attic treasures - All again maybe even the burgundies and greens
14. Quiltville's Star Struck using only the BB prints.
15. 42 squares (there are 21 in the BB collection) with white sashing. (I saw this in blues & browns and liked it.) 6 x 7 layout.
16. double stars - All & more creams/whites/shirtings
17. - numerous sketches
18. - I still want to scan some books
Is 18 a long enough list of ideas for 1 color scheme? (I think I have enough fabric to do "most" of these in a twin size - some I plan to do bigger, like the magazine pattern.)
Somewhere in the middle I mentioned my inspiration, Rhapsody you can't see it here but she has a pink tongue & pink toe pads. There is a nut shell is my pallette.