Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thank your first commenter day! & Happy Blogiversary to me!

Neil, over at Citizen of the Month, started a tradition last year called "Thank Your First Commenter Day." I found out about this from DebR at Red Shoe Ramblings.

Purely concidentally this is my 1 year blogiversary!

Much like a gangly teenager, I sauntered into blogging (because far too many bloggers did/do not accept anonymous comments - I still don't "get that.")

Judy L. of Sunshine Quilts was my first commentor! Thanks so much for the support & encouragement!

Deb also thanked her most recent commentor too, so I will follow through again agreeing with the honoring the present & past aspect of blogging. The person who commented most recently on my blgo was: Andi at Cotton Pickin'.

If you missed it above, as of today, I have officially been blogging for 1 whole year!

Today is also supposed to be WIP on Wednesday & Hopefully by the end of today, my bathroom renovation with be a completed object! In that vein, last night, we bought a new toilet seat cover, so I did not get to sew in my cat charms. (I half heartedly auditioned setting traingles fabric... The batteries in my camera are still dead - so no photographic evidence yet.)

Not unlike many other Americans, I will be off having a Thanksgiving meal tomorrow with friends & again on Friday with family, so I will not be blogging until Monday - so feel free to chat amongst yourselves!

Happy Thanksgiving, I am thankful to have you all among my blogging friends.

For those who are not actually celebrating, I hope that you take a minute from your day to share your thankfulness for your family & friends during this trying time in which we live.

19 comments:

susan said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving holiday.

Ruth said...

Happy anniversary, and happy Thanksgiving. Not being American, I think a day for thankfulness is a marvellous tradition.

Clare said...

Happy Birthday and have a gerat holiday.

Debra Spincic said...

How about a bathroom WIP picture??

Happy Anniversary!

Jeanne said...

Happy Blogiversary! Mine is coming up next week :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Michael!
Hugs ~ Jeanne

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Happy Anniversary and Thanksgiving. So what actual date is thanksgiving? The whole meal thing sounds great. Enjoy the family - and I do know the Farmer in the Dell!!

May Britt said...

Happy bloggiversary. One year, thats good! I bet you have met a lot of new friends during this year. And got a lot of inspiration.

Happy thanksgiving!

Rian said...

Happy anniversary and Happy Thanksgiving.

Cheryl said...

Happy Blogiversary! and Happy Thanksgiving! Hope your time with family and friends is extra special!

Susan said...

Happy blogiversary!

Screen Door said...

Happy Thanksgiving...Hope yours is real special....

Deb R said...

Happy Blogiversary, Amy! And I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving day.

Neil said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Fiona said...

I've only just caught up - bloglines hasn't been updating your posts. Happy Anniversary, hope you're enjoying your thanksgiving menus.

Barb said...

Your one year blogiversary already? Wow, time flies. Congrats!

Pam said...

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Blog Anniversary. It was fun to go back and see who was the first person to post on my blog.

Happy Quilting

YankeeQuilter said...

Now you have me wondering how long I have been blogging?! Hope you had a nice, restful, Thanksgiving. (is that possible?)
Sio

Patti said...

Happy anniversary! I hope you had a wonderful celebration with both family and friends. Looking forward to you getting your camera working again so we can see some pictures of the new project - and the new bathroom!

Shelina said...

Happy belated Blogaversary. Do I get the prize for being the last person to wish you that?

I'm glad you are a blogger and happy to have met you. I joined for the same reason - so I could post comments. But I like the blogging idea too. Thanking the first commenter is a great idea. I'll have to look up who that was.