Monday, November 13, 2006

bumblebees (gratuitous cat post - get ready to AWWWW)

Pipe-cleaner bumble bees are THE BEST CAT TOY's according to RB & Rhapsody! (Does anyone know how to make them? My girlfriend got them at her vet's office, a lady made them & the vet sold them to cover charity vet work - I think...)RB & the pipe-cleaner bumblebee

My cats are VERY finicky when it comes to cat toys. But they both like these!Rhapsody & the pipe-cleaner bumblebeeEven Rhapsody (I am too big to play with cat toys) likes them!

Have you ever caught a bumblebee in a Mason Jar? RB's bumble bee got caught - before it got swatted under the fridge...RB & cat toyHe did try to get it out...

He will carry this toy around and talk with his mouth full letting everyone know that he caught the bumblebee. & he will bring it to my bed as a trophy. So cute!RB wants that bumblebee Do you see the wrinkle in his nose? Also very cute. If you scratch on his jaw, he will wrinkle his nose - one side at a time depending on which side you are scratching or both....

12 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

Very cute!!! I would love to make a couple of them for my brother's cat, "Bobbie."

Deb R said...

Aaaawwwww! SO cute!!! :-)

May Britt said...

He looks so funny looking at the bumble bee in the last photo. So cute. Cats are special. How do you make those bumble bee. Maybe my Frida will love to play with one too.

ForestJane said...

Mine like sparkleballs, AND pipecleaners. If I take a pipecleaner and wrap it around a sparkleball, it gets clobbered and batted and played with till it ends up under a couch. :)

Sweet P said...

AWWWWW . . . those are adorable pictures. Thanks for sharing your cats antics with us.

Joanne said...

Love the action shots of the cat -- so adorable. Now get back to quilting! vbg

Kay said...

These are great! I like the slightly cross eyed look. I'm a great cat lover too, but my cat isn't too photogenic. Sweet though.

Ruth said...

Very cute, I wish I could get my cat to play with toys. He brought me a real live (dead) native mouse this week.

YankeeQuilter said...

Those bees are too cute. My two will play with anything...their current favorite is wine corks. The problem is you later find them everywhere!

Great photos!
Siobhan

Hanne said...

Very cute cat toy ! Your heart and cat block looks very good.

Jules said...

At the bottom of this website (after the Sunday School lesson) are instructions on how to make a pipe cleaner bee.

http://www.christiancrafters.com/buzzing_bees.html

Here is a different one...

http://www.aokcorral.com/projects/beeinstructions.htm

I haven't tried them out, though.

Barb said...

That made me laugh out loud. I love the arched up over it pic, when the feet come off the ground.