Wednesday, November 08, 2006

After the vote...

Well actually before the vote, I took my car for an oil change on Sunday. On Monday after my class, the oil light started to blink on & off.... (I pulled the dipstick & it looked dry...) So Tuesday before voting, I took my car back (The check engine light was on by the time I got there!) to have them fix what they broke - it is better now & I did not have to pay for the fixes & I am not going back to that shop!

Then I went to vote... I hope all of you did too! Since it was late morning, my polling station was relatively deserted so I was in & out! I voted in DC so the outcome was known already - casting the ballots was just a formality.

However in Virginia it is still unknown who won - the moron or the pervert... (I think Maryland was boun to switch - they have a strong Dem. history - IMHO they only got a Republican Gov. last time because "Anyone was more qualified that Kathleen Kennedy Townsend.")

I unfortunately forgot to get a shot of my WIP on Wednesday - so this blog will be back to quilting tomorrow!

8 comments:

Jules said...

Yes, Maryland was bound to switch. When I registered to vote there, back when I was 18, I was told to register Democrat because the governor is always decided in the primary. In Georgia, for the primary, you just walk in and tell them which primary you want to vote in.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

How amazing is it that you guys don't have to vote!! We are compulsory here, with fines if you forget, pretty much ensures that you can't complain if you don't get what you want!
Huge thank you, I have my neo-counter on and maybe if I apply myself I may get my normal counter in the right place as well!! Must take those photos of the cats!!

debraspincic said...

I almost forgot it was WIP Wed too until late in the afternoon so don't feel bad!

Susan said...

I'm glad the car is running better.

YankeeQuilter said...

I followed the elections closer now that I'm overseas than I did stateside! Glad to hear you voted. The next few years will certainly be interesting.
Siobhan

Clare said...

I heard on BBC Radio 4 something along the lines that the results from Virginia may not be known for another 2 weeks or so. Is this correct?

I might have some cat material for you if you are interested and haven't already got it.

Pam said...

Welcome to Quilting 4 Pleasure. Interesting to read your blog about the election. Your system is very different in the U.S. from Canada. I find it hard to follow.

So I hear Virginia has decided now - who did win? The moron or the pervert? LOL -- I guess some things are the same the world over.

Kay said...

I didn't post Wednesday either--too excited about those election results! I guess the pervert won, right?