Friday, October 13, 2006

The week in review & the weekend in preview

Nothing much to report except that I did some "real" exercize last night - thanks to my cheerleader, Melzie!

Nothing done in my stewdio...

Which brings me to the weekend, this is the Sunday on which my sew-n-tell group meets. If I pring my hand applique will I work on it? Doubt it - as in SERIOUSLY doub it. Sooooo I am going to to bring my machine - should not be hard, as of yet, I have barely taken her back out of her box. (The cord is still in my "sewing stuff bag.")

I was going to start something new & fun, but after reviewing my October list - I am going to attach the borders to my Wedding Signatures quilt so that I can mail that off to Judy!

I was going to do an Arty quilt to interpret The Great Barrier Reef from my honeymoon trip. I am going to do a Ricky Tims Convergence Quilt ala Tango & Bolero. Roughly like the one shown here: Convergence Quilt. (The main page - include other quilt photos for your enjoyment.) Except that I am going to merge 3 fabrics - A commercially dyed underwater print like this ocean print, a Rowan print, and a hand dyed piece of fabric.

9 comments:

bettsy said...

As I am working on a convergence quilt at the moment I will be interested to see how yours goes. I see lots of possibilities and I love your choices of fabrics. Don't forget lots of pictures please.

Libby said...

Sure enjoy that Ricky Tims *s*

Melzie said...

Go Amy ;) You need to send pics of your house if you are settled in :) I need an updated visual! melzie

DubiQuilts said...

OH your fabric choices are great!!

I am cutting 2 of my hand dyed panels right now for a convergence quilt. First I printed the panels on 8 1/2 by 11 on paper and played with it. I wanted to make sure I like it before cutting the fabric.

Kay said...

This should be very striking--Hope you can get settled in. What a chore.

Barb said...

That looks difficult to me. I try to avoid anything circular. Will be nice though. I like the fabrics.

Gail said...

Wow, neat fabrics, can't wait to see the finished project.

McIrish Annie said...

that arty quilt ala ricky tims sounds awesome.!! good luck with it and be sure to post it!!

Rian said...

Can't wait to see the Convergence Quilt. I need to get with the program and make one!