Friday, October 06, 2006

TGIF

I haven't felt that way about a Friday in FOREVER! (Too bad there are 8 hours in the work day... Even worse that I have a paper due on Tuesday that I have yet to start!)

birthday cats Have I shared this quilt before? (I don't think so...) This was made for me by my sew-n-tell group for my 30th birthday... The block in the middle on the bottom is the last block that my friend Lynn made.... She died several years ago. When I mention that I inherited some of my fabric - I got them from her, actually the whole sew-n-tell was given her stash... I have that quilt hanging in my bedroom - it goes so well with the paint color that you would have thought that it was made to go there! Yay...

8 comments:

Gail said...

What a neat gift-and such a good memory and keepsake.

joyce said...

Beautiful quilt and great reminder of a good friend.

Nancy said...

I had thaat same TGIF thought this morning! I soooooo didn't want to get up today. Asked David if he thought we could get away with pretending it was Saturday. LOL!

Rian said...

Your friend Lynn lives on in this quilt

Norma said...

What a wonderful memory of your friends--especially Lynn! It is nice to hear that you display is so prominantly in your home.

Susan said...

What a great quilt, and fond memories to go with it.

jpquilter said...

Happy Saturday - hope you don't have to work on the weekends too
Juliann

EileenKNY said...

Very nice quilt, and what a great way to keep your friend's memory alive.
What a coincidence that it matches the paint.:)