Monday, October 23, 2006

quilt show recap

No photos from that quilt show that I went to on Saturday...

I have taken a class with one of their members and was really impressed witht hte work of another at last years show, but this year I was left with a "that was nice" feeling rather than an "I need a picture of that" feeling. (I that makes any sense at all!)

But they did have a peddlers area & I did pretty good - several book, magazines and a grab bag full of fabric scraps & since I was there near the end of the show yardage all for $7.

After doing so good there, my husband & I went to an outdoor art thing in Bethesda - where I spent too much money on wooden bowls, salad tongs, & a new silk scarf!

Oh well...

How was your weekend?

11 comments:

susan said...

Went to the local festival, kept looking for quilts, and when I found some, (like you) was not very impressed. But it was a beautiful weekend to be out! If I had known you liked fried pickles, I would have gotten you one - have to admit I have never tried one, are they good?

Jeanne said...

Some quilt shows are like that ... just OK.
Sounds like the art one was good!
Still coughing here.
Jeanne

Nancy said...

I find I seldom take photos at quilt shows. I think last time I went to Houston I took maybe 4 pictures total. I think I get so caught up in looking at the quilts I don't think to get pictures (even with my camera hanging off my arm. LOL!)

McIrish Annie said...

Went to our guild's annual gathering which had speakers and vendors. bought a kit to make wool xmas ornaments, some ribbons, thread and doodads for crazy quilting, a book of machine quilting designs and book on making purses and bags. loads of fun!

DubiQuilts said...

Your weekend sounds like fun. I did not leave the house, but I did get some sewing done. Both sons were on the run. My husband was in the car all weekend driving them around.

paula, the_quilter said...

Did you know LaraBars are made right here in DenverTown? uh-huh. Birks rule! Weekend was great: spent Sat with Shelina and her DD. Missed the large craftshow this year. Oh well.

ForestJane said...

I had to work Sunday. :( But I've been working on quilting my leaf top since!

Norma said...

It sounds like you had fun shopping this weekend, even if the quilt show wasn't quite what you were hoping.

Kay said...

I know exactly what you mean by the "that was nice" feeling. I had thought about going to one nearby that I'm sure would have fit into that category, but totally forgot. It poured rain all day, anyway.

Shelina said...

I've gone to shows and had that feeling as well. It might be that I have already seen so many things on the internet and elsewhere, that nothing seems unusual and great. Or it may just have been that I wasn't attune to the various things that were available.

Barb said...

I loooove the vendor area of quilt shows. Too bad about the 'that's nice' feeling. I know exactly what you mean.