Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Prince & the Pea

The prince & the pea Here he is, my little prince.
zipper front This is the quilt upon which he is seated. My green zipper, quilted & bound! (The binding is a dreen that is not in the quilt body!) This is an example of how when you use a lot of different fabrics from one color in a quilt, it works! As you can see these go from mint to blue green to lime, to forest green!
zipper cat quilting 2 This is supposed to show the quilting - it is a cat, you can see the paw in the solid large rectangle and two more paws in the lower solid small rectangle.
zipper cat quilting 1 Another quilting shot of a different kitty, you can see the ears in the lime green rectangle.
zipper back This is the back, it is flannel. It "goes with" the border on the front. I wish the fabrics were reversed (I like the look of a border print as a border), but I used what I had.
Rhapsody on brown couch Equal time for Rhapsody, sitting on the brown couch. That will be replaced with the Straw couch that we ordered to begin with on November 11th, so hopefully on November 13th, I will be able to start showing "after" photos of the condo! I like the brown couch just fine, but her blond fur gets stuck on it & it really shows on the dark upholstery.

16 comments:

Jules said...

The green quilt turned out great. I really like it.

Laurie Ann said...

Love the zipper quilt! How fantastic to have it all done and ready to cuddle.

Sassenach said...

Oh, I am just digging that green!

May Britt said...

I have copyed your meme on my blog. This was fun. Now I feel like I know you better.

Hedgehog said...

The zipper is great!! I love those cat fabrics, especially the one on the back.

Scrapmaker said...

Love the zipper quilt. The simple design has a lot of impact and I like the "one color" idea too. Jen

Nadine said...

Nice quilt ! Just the kind of comfy quilt to cuddle under ...
You taught me a lesson with this quilt : I've never tried using a single color scheme in one quilt (I think this is "monochromatic", is it ?). Thanks for that !
And thanks for the cute cat on the pics., too !

Smiles,
NADINE in Belgium.

Deb R said...

Great pics - pretty kitties and quilt. I love the fabric you chose for the back!

Jeanne said...

Haha -- what a clever title!
All those greens and the kitties are delightful!
Jeanne

Kay said...

I like that green quilt very much. You're right, if you use LOTS of fabric they all go together, if you use a few, they don't.

Susan said...

I love the full quilt pic, but the cat is priceless!

Brit said...

that is such a neato pattern

ForestJane said...

Nice zippers!

That's the problem with Siamese cats... you wear black pants and they whisper to each other, "shed white, shed white" but as soon as you put on something light colored, it's time to shed dark... lol

Tracey said...

I loved your zippers, what a cool but simple plan. Liked the brights too

Hanne said...

Your zipper quilt is lovely Amy !

Shelina said...

This is such a beautiful quilt. I like all the different greens you put together.