Monday, October 30, 2006

The photo, the quilt & the story...

RB&Rhap Here is the photo that I mentioned in my last post. My husband took this photo of the kitties on my lap quite a while ago by now... RB on the left & Rhapsody on the right. This scenario is only o.k. when it is Rhapsody's idea, she does not trust RB enough to allow him to decide to cuddle. >^..^< Oriental front This is the oriental Charm quilt. 5 inch squares, no repeats. I wanted to have the lights in the middle, so I sorted the charms into 3 piles. I sewed the darks to the setting triangles, which are light to create those sharp triangles. From there I kind of sewed with the flow, having a general idea how many charms in each value and general ideas onthe lengths of the rows to get the lights in the middle. There is an easier way, you say. A design wall? I have never (take that back I have a UFO pinned to a flannel table cloth back) used one!Oriental back Here is the back, the same fabric in two different colorways. Both UGLY & Both USED UP!RB Oriental RB by himself on the Oriental Charm quilt. I use the quilt as decoration, so it lives on the chair...kitty toes One final shot of the Oriental Charm quilt & some cute kitty toes. :o)

8 comments:

Hedgehog said...

Beautiful quilt - and cats!

Susan McGarvey said...

That is a beautiful quilt! I love the light to dark design. Oh, and love those cute little kitty toes, too:-)

Deb R said...

That's a beautiful quilt!

And the kitty toes are cute too. :-)

ForestJane said...

Aww, I love the shade of RB's fur. My two are both sealpoints, so his coloring looks so elegant. :)

Nice quilts too!

Sweet P said...

What a great close-up picture of kitty toes on a quilt. Your cats are beautiful.

samantha said...

what a lovely quilt- thanks for sharing!

Norma said...

Nice quilt! And it appears to be "kitty approved"!

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

Love those toes and the silky fur. The quilt's nice too!