Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Guess what...

I can't blog on my MAC at home... Oh sure, I can sign in - I can even type (Although the only "editing" options that I have are the photo one - that barely works anyway & the spell checker...) but I can't "Save as draft" or "Publish" not even by using the shortcuts.

Not sure if that is a MAC problem or not...

The way my brain is working, I can't even remember what I was blogging about yesterday... Wait a minute (My memory is coming back) - I do recall the bloglines were not working so I was reading the old fashioned way - through the stash busters ring & feeling bad knowing that quite a few of my regular reads are not on the ring. & Feeling guilty that I was reading Judy's blog (& commenting about how I could not hyperlink on my MAC) when I should be attaching a border so that I could mail out my October appointment quilts.

Kim's Chicken & Dumplins were real good - what a great way to cook a frozen bird! (I added carrots, celery & onions - couldn't help it!)

Well, my border is still not on, but I finished 1 of 2 gift blocks - including hand button holeing & I got more of my stash unpacked.

(I'll share a photo of my working on it after it is given...If I remember - I should because I have a great helper!)

One photo to share is an authentic Pennsylvania Amish Quilt.
Amish
The pattern is Sunshine & Shadows. It is not antique, I paid $300 for it, which I though was a steal... Especially since I saw similar wall quilts that were selling for $500. & this one is in my colors.

11 comments:

Mary said...

It's pretty Amy, is the fabric a cotton sateen? I'm going to have to post a picture of the Antique quilt I bought in Lancaster last year.

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy - I'm so sorry you are having computer problems! What a headache! I love Macs, but it seems most of the world is still geared around PC's. We gave in and switched to a PC the last time we got a computer, but I really miss having a Mac!

The Amish quilt is lovely and it does seem like a really good price.

Patti

jpquilter said...

love your quilt - the dark corners are so cool - and your little pincushions are great too
thanks for persisting
Juliann

computerpeach said...

Glad the C&D turned out really good - I never thought of adding those things - my family is so set on the "traditional way" that I couldn't change now even if I wanted to. I remember my grandma talking about the depression years and I am sure this recipe was born from that era. I know it was a lifesaver from ramen noodles when I was broke after moving out on my own.

I am sorry you are having computer problems and love your quilt.

Norma said...

That is a beautiful quilt. I love the colours! What a find.

Gail said...

Love your Amish quilt!

Judy said...

Amy, you can post to your blog by e-mail. Not sure if that would work for you or not but you might want to check it out.

Judy L.

Shelina said...

So sorry about your computer problems. Some days are just meant to be slower than others, and if you would rather work on gift blocks rather than finishing a border, you have my permission.
That is a pretty purple quilt. I like purple.

Sweet P said...

Amy, I have a MAC and I've never had problems posting my blogs. I know it is better to use Firefox than Safari to access and use blogger.

I know when I try to respond to your blog when I am work I can't do it. But I can respond OK from home. We have a firewall set up in our office and I think it keeps me from responding with Beta blocker.

Anyway, your quilt is stunning as usual.

Kay said...

Amy, I blog from a Mac. I don't know much about this sort of thing, but I would add to the suggestion that you download Firefox for a browser. It works better on Blogger than Safari does. See if that helps.

Deb H said...

Sweet deal! Lovely quilt, & I love the kitty pin cusions on the previous blog! Very cute! I have onr of the chickens, but love cats.