Thursday, October 26, 2006

Focus (edited)

I am so out of focus...

I have a couple photos in my camera that I want to share, but first I let all three sets of my batteries die. I finally inserted a pair of the non-rechargeable variety & then was not sufficiently inspired to take any pictures at the quilt show that I went to on Saturday.

The two pictures in my camera are of the cats on my Oriental charm quilt - which I have yet to share, but I also have not enlisted my quilt holder to hold it up for a photograph either. My excuse there is that I want to share my new furniture, but they sent the wrong things & we won't get the right stuff until November 11.

And in the mean time, my zipper quilt is back from the quilter - no new photo of that yet....
My purple quilt is enroute from the quilter also....

Did I ever share a full shot of the funky fish quilt? (I don't think so...)

Michael & I are having a couple couples over for dinner tomorrow night... So I need to get some stuff from the store - like the chickens that I plan to roast, the mushrooms I plan to stuff, the cake stuff for the cake that I plan to bake, etc.

So as I started out saying, I am out of focus...

But if you read Nancy's blog - she stole that from my brain! (Maybe that is why I am out of focus! Nancy stole my thinking.) I know you can read my comment yourself, but we both love brights, but are drawn to the pink/brown combo., we both are smitten with out cats & our cats share traits.... (It was VERY odd reading her post this morning.)

Have I mentioned lately how out of focus I am?
Here is yet another example....
I got a great kitty fat quarter RAK (Random Act of Kindness) from Laurie Ann at Quilting Rush. (I wanted to photograph it & share it, but...)
I also got a super cute kitty applique pattern from May Britt of Abyquilt!
(ditto the wanted to photograph & share, see note above.)

Bottom line, we have all heard and we all know that quilter's/blogger's are generous great people - here is another example!

14 comments:

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

I'm completely out of focus lately so I can relate. I can't seem to focus on anything. I'm hoping this will pass soon. aarrgghh

May Britt said...

Join the club LOL Have been there, was more in focus a few days, but now....... out of focus again. This evening I am going to our monthly quiltmeeting. I will bring some application or quilting. But will I get something done......
The cat pattern you got from me is the only one in usa :) They sell my pattern at my local quiltshop and several ladies in Norway have made it. But none foreign....as I know.
Take a few days relaxing now and your sewing mood will get back to you.

Nancy said...

I'll try this again as blogger didn't see fit to post the comment I left a second ago. :-(

I can so relate to the "out of focus" comment. I think you've hit the nail on the head and that's probably the source of my apathy lately.

Have fun with your dinner party. And eat an extra slice of cake for me as I'm now on a diet and can no longer have cake. sigh......

Andi said...

Lack of focus is understandable after you move! I always give myself 4-6 months to "settle in." Good luck containing your crafts to one room...I started with the extra bedroom upstairs, and now I own the dining room table and half the pantry too! LOL

DubiQuilts said...

What would happen if all of us out of focus quilters were in a sinking boat together"? I bet no matter what we would be laughing.

Sweet P said...

I seem to be getting in focus again. The last few days I've been able to get a little bit of quilting done every day and it makes a big difference in staying focused.

I'm on the flip side of moving into a new place. We may be moving in a few months and already I'm getting a little emotional over the potential move.

Judy said...

Amy, I've been kinda out of focus this week too. I get that way from time to time but it always comes back. Just do whatever you want to do for a while and when you're ready to get back in focus . . it will happen.

Judy L.

Mama Koch said...

So, if I relate does that mean I'm out of focus also or that we're both doing alright?!

I think it's called too-many-irons-in-the-fire. You'll survive, just take one day at a time.

Have fun with your friends. We all need those days.

ForestJane said...

Don't worry, I'll send you a puff of our breeze and blow away your cobwebs!

I'm in the process of planning a pink and brown quilt too... and my cats totally approve!

Any leftovers from that chicken/mushroom and cake dinner you can send my way! Sounds great.

EileenKNY said...

I was out of focus all summer, so I can empathize with you. I sort of got it back with Judy L's project, but it seemed to slip away again.
Just keep plugging away, it'll come back.

Debra Spincic said...

Everything ebbs and flows--even focus! hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I'm out of focus, too. Have you ever made the cake and frosting recipe on the back of the Nestle cocoa container? The BEST, most moist, richest choc cake I've ever made. Have fun with your company tomorrow :)
~Holly

Rian said...

I can totally relate to being out of focus!! You'll get it back.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Oh, me, me, me! I am out of focus too. I just can't seem to wrap my mind around and idea and stick too it. Sigh. Well, I DID make my 9 year old niece a super-fab Halloween costume (a dalmation) out of minke fabric, but I only finished because it was a child's deadline. Sigh. But, but, but - I am having FUN doing some other things not sewing related! Enjoy having your friends over for dinner! And other things too! Soon enough maybe the snowed in winter weather will make you feel like piecing again.

Cheers!

Evelyn