Thursday, October 05, 2006

By special request

My stash (at least part of it) and how it is "stored."
closet right This is the right side of my closet. I have filled that empty space taking the photograph with a lot of my blue & yellow "collection" and with a PIG/WIP/UFO that uses yellow, orange, green, & blue & a koi print. What you see here starting on the bottom is the fabric for a quilt from a Spring 2006 magazine - pink background with dark burgundy, brown & green & a shoo-fly variation. Above that is my cat fur fabric stash and my reproductions (there are more repro.'s in the pink/brown pile & more light repro.'s have been added to the light pile...) for baskets &???? (small authentic-ish pieced quilts). Above those are rainbow prints for another rainbow log cabin - with novely centers (wanna guess the novelty type?) and for a Jan Krentz spiral lone star. Next to that is my Oriental (non-taupe & non-cotton sateen) collection, then black & bright/white & bright collection - the lastiny bitin the upper left corner is my batik collection.
closet left The same closet on the left side... Starting on the bottom - each pile holds 3 or 4 Pigs.... (Some of which have traded places with stuff on the top shelves - I think - I am not done un-packing...) For sure on that shelf are my Austrialian fabrics, a couple Judy Martin books & fabircs, fabrics for a blooming 9-patch, pinks and oranges for an Irish Chain variation & 1/2 log cabin variation... Middle shelf - two pink & black quilts - one with a touch of lime the other without & my taupes ending with the light repro.'s again. Top shelf - an all purple gradiation PIG with other PIGS next to the batiks again.

Out of sight of both of these is the very top shelf that has batting/backing/timtex/fabric for photo transfer, & other stuff.

Very bottom - aka floor (unassigned, but unpacked stuff resides there at the moment including a few flimsys.)

Do you want to see my cat stash too?
I though so....
cat stash 1cat stash 2 The secondshelf is now full to the top as well - the photo was taken before I took out my black & whites & some of the cats were in with my "other" novelties...

Slightly embarrassing, but I console myself with the though that is could be worse...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Amy. That's kind of what I envisioned. I don't think I have nearly as much as you, though. lol
EileenKNY

joyce said...

I envy your stash. Mine looks pitifully small and messy. I think I better go on a buying spree!

susan said...

OK, I give up - what is a PIG?

Rian said...

Oh my, that's an impressive stash.

Anonymous said...

Nice job with the organizing -- those shelves are just right! The kitty fabric collection is DAZZLING! :)
How's the remodel stuff coming along?
Jeanne

cher said...

this is all your stash? I think it's a good start :-) at least you can see it all and know what you have! I hope you get to using it very soon and enjoy it.

Shelina said...

I have those shelves! They are so nice and sturdy. Your stash looks very well organized. Looks like it would be easy to find just the right fabric in there.

Nicole and Phil said...

your stash looks great. Can you elaborate on the Fabric Diet....i am interested in what this is about?