Monday, October 16, 2006

All good plans...

What do they say about plans? Well all of mine got messed up! I don't recall any particular plans for Saturday - but all I accomplished was sitting around with two cats ALL DAY! I kept thinking, "You should be sewing." (Oh wait a minute - the Plumber was supposed to replace our heating & cooling unit on Saturday. Turns out that he has to turn off the water to the whole building - not just our unit... Not a good thing on a Saturday when people are home from work... Has to be done M-F... I am taking tomorrow off so that he can accomplish this task.)
Sunday - was supposed to be my regularly scheduled Sew-n-tell mini-group get together in a class room at a LQS... Apparently when the first Sunday is the 1st - we meet on the 4th Sunday, UGH. So I went over to see the grands - had a lovely visit. Did no sewing even though I had my sewing machine & the correct mind set to do some sewing... Also reordered my upholstered furniture - hopefully this time when it says straw it will be straw & not chocolate...
Meanwhile in kitchen, (The installer was supposed to show up on Saturday to do the waterline for the fridge - he supposedly called my husband's office on Friday after he left to schedule a time - we did not get the message, so he did not come - next Thursday, meanwhile leaky fridge in the kitchen & new - still has plastic coating on it - fridge in the living room!) I baked for the first time in my new oven (mine is stainless steel). Oh she is NICE & purty! I baked a chicken - a lemony recipe (everything but the gravy) ohh lala. I also made acorn squash with apples - sneaky way to get picky eaters to eat squash!
Next up to cook in my oven - Jeanne's fontina & grape torte. (I finally have all of the ingredients!) On Thursday? (My evening classes are taking far more time than I thought they would!)
I am also going to make this cheesecake with apples my husband is sure to hate it as he is from NYC; therefore, very picky regarding cheesecakes! (Oh well!) This will also be my first time to use my brand new grown up should be in a professional's kitchen kitchen aid stand mixer! (That should last my lifetime & I am worth it!) This weekend - maybe?

11 comments:

Libby said...

Sounds like you are going to enjoy all of your new appliances very much. The KitchenAid is a wonderful thing.

Fiona said...

You are making me want a new kitchen! All of those recipes sound delicious.

Sweet P said...

At least you were able to selvedge a few good meals out of your weekend plans. All of them sound yummy! Can I come over for dinner?

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Yeah for cooking in your new kitchen - such yummy ideas! And - waiting for contractors can be very frustrating, sorry to hear of your wait times. Ugh. Moving is sooo time consuming, but you are going to love your new place once everything is in order.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Mrs. Moody said...

Cooking in a nice kitchen is always good. I would do more of it if my foot didn't hurt so much after so long on my feet. I did cook macaroni from scratch tonight though.

ForestJane said...

I think you got a LOT done, if you count cooking! Glad you're enjoying your new kitchen, can't wait for pix!

Rian said...

I know all too well that "I should be sewing" feeling....sigh..

Kay said...

Cool to have all that great NEW stuff. You'll love the mixer!

JudyL said...

Amy, I love that oven. I almost got one like that when I bought my new one and wish I would have. I printed the acorn squash & apples recipe. That looks good! You also reminded me that I wanted to make Jeanne's Fontina & grape torte. I think I have the ingredients for that so I may make it tomorrow.

Judy L.

Tracey said...

Hi, love your blogs, good luck with the kitchen. Just keep on playing the glad game re: at least I'm getting new stuff, then eventually it will all be magically in and over. Loved your cats a few blogs ago, I do a lot of the chooks so have noted your idea. Cheers

Deb R said...

I heart my KitchenAid mixer - one of the best purchases I ever made. :-) Hope you love yours too!