Thursday, September 14, 2006

What to do, What to do?

Not unlike everyone else, I am wondering what to blog about....

I did not get around to taking photos of the condo during/after the final walk through this morning - I "NEEDED" to get to the office. So I am not going to yammer on about that!

I seem to keep packing quilty stuff. I NEVER would have guessed the amount of stuff that I already own!

The closet in my new "stewdio" already has a shelving system (a lot like this, only different, ya know what I mean?) - only two shelves - I want 4 maybe 5, so I have a place for a lot of stuff there. I also have a Container Store (love that place) shelving unit (this one in black - I need the canvas cover to protect my stuff from sunlight....) that will go in the "stewdio." Not to mention that fact that the existing bookcases will go in there as well as the existing kitchen table... I know I am in trouble space wise already....

So I am going to try to ruthlessly weed my stash & stuff.

New quilt.... I am also thinking about starting a new quilt - one that will be 100% pieced in my new "stewdio." The TAUPES are screaming my name. & There is a gift quilt that I want (different from need) to make for my dad, the train guy. To say my dad is a train FANATIC is to understate it a bit. So I already know that I am going to do railroad crossing as the pattern. Like this one: "Railroad Crossing" quilt. (Not like 80% of the others that I saw while trying to find something for you to look at...) I might add a sliouhette of a train on the top border.... (I have novelty trains to go where the photo shows blue squares, & My background will be scrappy - to the extent that some of them will be 4 patches & 9 patches in addition to the 1 big square on purpose.... Yeah I am a rebel!

I am leaning more towards the railroad quilt instead of the Taupes - simpler piecing & my "dark" strips are already cut out! (No to find them & the novelty trains...)

6 comments:

Gail said...

You've made your final walkthrough, have you closed yet?? When do you actually move?

susan said...

Love the railroad crossing quilt, I don't believe I have ever seen one before. It looks easy enough, but comes together to make an interesting pattern.

Never enough space, no matter how much you have!

Mary said...

Good luck with the ruthless weeding - I got as far as my books and stopped - There aren't many I'm willing to give up. I thought I'd cut up some of the stash, donate some older fabric from the early quilting years but so far haven't made a start on that.

I know my new studio will be a fraction of the size of the one I have now AND I need space for the longarm. I've decided to bury my head in the sand and will deal with it once this house sells.

Libby said...

*sigh* I think maybe both at the same time? While the gift is important and has a deadline -- your first quilt in your new home is one you'll want to have with you.

Anonymous said...

Your place is just what I would have pictured for you. You're going to love it. Get walls and woodwork. You have to show us pics after the quilts arrive...
Melanie
Covered Porches and Wooden Screen Doors

Anonymous said...

OOPS!! typo... Great walls and woodwork. I love the colors.

Mel